- Position: Senior Content Producer
- Reports to: Digital Marketing Specialist
- Basis: Full time
- Location: Remote home or shared office. Applicants close to Canberra/Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Katoomba are encouraged to apply
- Duration: Three-year contract, extension possible
- Salary range: $85,000-$92,000 plus super, depending on skills and experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled communicator with 4 to 5 years plus experience in a communications and content development role to help support the growth of a dynamic national environmental organisation tackling one of the greatest threats to biodiversity — invasive species.
ISC is looking for a Senior Content Producer to join the Marketing Team. As the lead producer and copywriter your purpose is to generate copy (long and short form), multimedia, video and design to inspire support to take action to protect further extinctions from invasive species. You will drive a consistent drumbeat of storytelling through creative content for social, direct mail, email, web activity and other publications to engage our supporters in the issue, our brand and campaigns and opportunities to donate. You will take our content production to new levels as we build a movement of Australians to defend against invasive species through innovative and audience-centric content within integrated supporter and donor journeys.
You will have a track record of writing and creating content that has an impact and in doing so, contributes to campaign and fundraising success. You will be an awesome collaborator, with an ability to breathe life into another’s project through a clear creative vision and efficient production that fits a strategic brief.
As this is a dynamic role with multiple projects on the go at the same time, you’ll also have terrific project management skills and be confident in managing your own workflow. You will need several years’ experience working in a similar role, in a campaigning organisation is a huge plus. You will report to the Digital Marketing Specialist and work with the Senior Fundraising Officer, Marketing Officer and Designer (p/t).
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate environmentalist to join Australia’s leading advocacy organisation tackling invasive species at a very exciting time. The Invasive Species Council is about to embark on a ten-year journey of growth as we make the 2020s the decade of biosecurity.
- Work within the marketing team to execute its strategy and meet its goals
- Produce high quality creative campaigns, fundraising and brand collateral including written, digital, video, audio and print content deliverables for both digital and print publications, social and traditional media.
- Build the capacity of the organisation to develop effective content, impactful copywriting and video shooting and editing by mentoring key members of staff.
- Work with the marketing and campaign teams to design supporter journeys that educate, deepen engagement and inspire people into action.
- Work with the marketing and campaign teams to generate new ways to incorporate them into campaigns and fundraising including messaging for campaigns, branding for a diverse range of audiences and fundraising materials.
- Support the Digital Marketing Specialist to prepare insightful analysis, recommendations for action and report on the performance of content.
- Proactively contribute to the culture at ISC: a positive, fun, and value-driven culture within the team and ISC.
- Assist in developing processes and procedures for the marketing team.
- Other duties as determined by the Digital Marketing Specialist, Marketing and Development Director and Campaigns Director from time to time.
- Supervising other staff and/or volunteers as required.
- Has at least four years professional experience working in a production role, preferable in an eNGO
- Sounds skills in long and short form copywriting for building awareness, fundraising and advocacy and writing story-driven content about complex environmental issues and/or political engagement in an engaging way.
- Demonstrated expertise in producing a range of creative content, end-to-end, in a timely manner.
- Practical knowledge of when to use creative and written content for optimising engagement and conversion, building the brand, supporter, donor and income growth as well as fundraising income growth.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to connect individual marketing products to higher-level strategies and goals, with an aptitude to explain our marketing initiatives through a strategic frame, not just operational or implementation.
- Demonstrated experience of driving the end-to-end creation of quality video content that speaks to diverse audiences across a range of platforms, including field producing, filming, and editing.
- Can interpret, execute and deliver a brief under pressure, quickly sourcing and/or shooting suitable footage, photos as required and developing key messaging/case for support.
- Knowledge in the strategic uses and administration of popular social media channels (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and their role in the supporter/donor journey to help increase issue awareness and advocacy goals.
- A creative, innovative and collaborative worker who can handle attention to detail across competing projects and deadlines on any given day whilst working to a brief.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, time pressured environment, working to deadlines in diverse, dispersed teams and manage production schedules to develop and deliver shared projects.
- Knowledge of standard technology systems including Google Suite and Slack and a whiz in key creative systems including Adobe Suite software including Premier, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop creative production tools including Adobe suite and Canva.
- Is a team player who is always endeavouring to be a positive force within an inclusive workplace environment and takes the initiative going above and beyond to get the job done.
- Bachelor’s degree in strategic communications or marketing or equivalent.
- Detailed understanding of environment, agricultural and/or biosecurity issues and experience working for an advocacy organisation.
- Passionate about growing and strengthening a movement of people to protect biodiversity by tacking invasive species.
Remote home or shared office. Applicants close to Canberra/Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/ Katoomba are encouraged to apply. The Invasive Species Council supports decentralised working arrangements.
About the Invasive Species Council
The Invasive Species Council is a non-government donor-funded organisation that seeks better laws and policies to protect the Australian environment from weeds, feral animals, insects, pathogens and other invaders. Invasive species have been the main driver of environmental loss of Australia’s native animals since colonisation and remain one of the main threats to the future survival of all our unique wildlife on land and sea.
Formed in 2002, the Invasive Species Council is Australia’s only environmental organisation dedicated to strategically tackling this issue and has made numerous interventions that have reduced the environmental impacts from invasive species.
Over recent years we:
- Played a major role in ensuring the establishment the national office of environmental biosecurity.
- Secured $411 million over ten years to eradicate red fire ants from south east Queensland, co-hosted the inaugural 2019 Australian Biosecurity Symposium.
- Jointly conducted ground-breaking research to identify harmful invasive insects that could establish in Australia.
- Led efforts to recognise the national threat from expanding populations of feral deer.
- Have driven the Reclaim Kosci campaign that seeks to reverse the protection of feral horses in Kosciuszko National Park.
During the current period of growth we are reviewing our strategic direction. Our 2018-2022 Strategic Plan and other background information can be found on our website.
Contact the Marketing and Development Director, Amber Sprunt on 0437 388 895 or CEO Andrew Cox on 0438 588 040 for any further information.
To submit your application, click Apply Now.
Should the right candidate apply for this role before the closing date we will make a decision before the deadline.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact email@example.com using the subject line: Senior Content Producer enquiry via EthicalJobs.