Humanitix is the world’s first not-for-profit ticketing platform. We believe businesses that align profit and purpose can solve the world's biggest problems, and that humane use of technology can help us reinvest in humanity far beyond traditional corporate responsibility.
If you love events, are driven, passionate about social change, interested in social entrepreneurship and want to literally change the world – Humanitix is for you.
We are Humanitix
- Humanitix is converting the $3.7 billion dollars in annual global booking fees into social impact projects that close the education gap (Indigenous scholarships, literacy programs for young girls and more). We LIVE for events. We LIVE to help event organisers sell more tickets. This sounds crazy – but we believe our tech-charity model can change the world! To date our small team has already donated over $1,500,000 to our education programs and this number is growing quickly!
- We help event organisers across a wide range of verticals including music festivals, conferences, galas, workshops, schools and university events. We are the platform for organisers to manage their event, sell tickets, and create impact through our philanthropic model. We have over 10,000 clients including Mardi Gras, Strawberry Fields, Parliament House (the old building in Canberra), schools, wood-carving workshops and so many more.
- Our major funders are the foundations of Atlassian and Google! Our Sydney office is currently 22 amazing humans, in the next 18 months it will probably grow to 30.
- We have offices in Sydney, Auckland, and Denver.
- Check out the shout-out of Humanitix by Sam Harris - (#271 Earning to Give).
Why you’ll love It here
- We do not micromanage anyone, you are trusted, have full autonomy and are treated as an adult.
- We use the absolute BEST software, tools & equipment to do our job.
- We ONLY hire other smart, ambitious people who LOVE to learn and grow.
- We get access to brilliant staff at Atlassian who are happy to volunteer their time, mentor our staff and help us succeed.
- As an early founding team member your input will be absolutely CRITICAL to the success of the company in all areas.
What you will bring to the table
- Previous Agency/Journalism experience will be preferred
- Content writing experience with SEO knowledge and a passion for storytelling
- Experience copywriting for social media
- A passion for learning and enhancing your existing skills
- Speed and able to hit deadlines that you set for yourself
- A tertiary level qualification in communications, journalism, English, creative writing or similar preferred.
- Someone who values quality; you care about craftsmanship and take pride in your work.
- Attention to detail and self-motivated learner.
What the job looks like:
- Manage social media platforms and content (both the company and key personnel).
- SEO optimisation of social media platforms while showcasing our brand voice. Media accounts for SEO / branding.
- Write, edit and publish our monthly newsletter for Australia, New Zealand, United States which goes out to both event organisers & patrons on our database. It features social impact stories and other newsworthy content i.e. major events, podcasts we feature on.
- Write, edit and publish semi-annual impact reports for publication which include updates on our funding of education programs.
- Write, edit and publish our press releases (approximately 2 per month).
- Ideate, draft, edit and publish long-form content pieces on thought leadership topics i.e. social innovation, humane technology, education programs, effective altruism, social impact.
- Long-term projects; helping to write a Humanitix book (the story of Humanitix / lessons learnt / our vision for the world), ideating and creating our ‘TED’ style talk and presentation.
- Identifying trends using Google Keyword Planner, tracking SEO terms using Google Analytics.
- You’ll be reporting directly to the CEO.
- Once through probation we are flexible with working from home, generally staff are in the office 3 days a week.
- The vision of the role is on a 18-36 month time horizon you will lead the build out our marketing and communications department as we hire more people into this team.
Base salary $55,000 + Superannuation (negotiable if + 2 years relevant experience). Approximately $5,000 in additional tax-benefits.
What We Stand For:
MISSION & VISION
Our mission is to bring people together to inspire and invest in humanity. Humanitix is an experiment in compassionate capitalism and a new model for charity and business. Our ultimate vision is a world where all businesses, structures and systems work in harmony with humanity to serve the best interests of all people and our planet.
We go all-in for our customers and for each other because we care about what we do. It also doesn't hurt to say “I love you”. Try it.
Think for yourself, say what you believe, and have the curiosity and courage to lead us further forward into new territory. Let's go.
Keep it weird
We celebrate humanity, thrive on individuality, and love all the ways we are different. Bring your true self to work* and be inclusive, open, and transparent.
The world is not f*cked
Yep, it can be a lot better, but there's no future in giving up. We create a better world by choosing positivity, investing in humanity, and forging pathways to progress. Be humane.
Please submit a one page cover letter in addition to your resume. Let your personality shine through in the cover letter and help us learn why you want to help empower the team, organisers and customers. What else are you passionate about? What about this job attracts you? Why will Humanitix change the world? Provide a link to some of your work if available.