Biala Peninsula is an NDIS accredited registered provider based in Mornington, providing programs to children in Melbourne's Bayside, Mornington Peninsula and surrounds. Service is provided in clients' homes, childcare, kindergarten, school or Biala venues. Our transdisciplinary teams use a 'wrap around' approach to service provision for our clients, their carers and families. Our 'north star' at Biala is to help children feel like they belong and are connected to family and community life. We are seeking an experienced Speech Pathologist to join our every growing team of professionals.
Key responsibilities are:
- Assess, plan, develop and implement educational, therapeutic, and other intervention strategies and programs for children with specific developmental needs, delays or disabilities and their families who attend our services and programs.
- To identify key issues and, when required, organise and facilitate referral for assessment or consultation by other appropriate professionals or services.
- To provide services in a manner than embodies the principles of family centered practice service delivery and early childhood intervention practices.
- To provide support and consultation to other members of the team regarding discipline-specific knowledge and strategies.
- To provide support, training and consultation to other community groups such as childcare centres, kindergartens, schools, etc., as appropriate.
- To support children and families/carers attending our programs to achieve their communication, social and other developmental goals.
- To provide this service within a range of funding models, whilst understanding the various service delivery issues impacting upon each model and adhering to the requirements relevant to each model.
To be successful in the role, you will have the following:
- Degree in Speech Pathology
- Current registration through Speech Pathology Australia
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC) - willingness to undertake.
- Current Police Check - willingness to undertake.
- Current Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) clearance - willingness to undertake.
- Current First Aid (including anaphylaxis, asthma, CPR)
- Current Victorian Drivers licence
As an individual you will possess:
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Strong commitment to ethical behaviour and conduct, and
- Be diligent,act honestly and display integrity in undertakings.
In return we offer; in-house salary sacrificing option, competitive salary for the right candidate, commitment to your career and culture of professional development.
Thank you in your interest in this role and Biala Peninsula.