- Part Time, 25 hours per week
- (SCHADS Level 4)
- Contract until 30 June 2022
This position provides administrative support to the Consumer Participation Team and the Health Literacy Team. It will require occasional work on weekends and after hours. The position reports to the Manager of Consumer and Community Participation.
This is a part time position (25 hours per week). HCCA promotes a healthy work-life balance and is committed to offering employees a supportive family-friendly working environment. Your remuneration is based on Community Services Worker Level 4 (pay point 1), which is currently $35.71 per hour plus superannuation. A probation period will apply for the first 3 months of employment.
HCCA is a health promotion charity, endorsed as Deductible Gift Recipient organisation. This means that there is an opportunity for staff to participate in the salary sacrifice arrangements.
This is a contract position until 30 June 2022, in line with our Service Funding Agreement with the ACT Government. Other conditions of employment will be based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (SCHADS).
Detailed Position Description
- Provide administrative support for designated HCCA meetings, community events, seminars and consultations. This may include taking minutes or notes, collecting and distributing papers, arranging speakers, and responding to participant’s needs.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the HCCA website and social media platforms as well as contributing to the HCCA newsletter
- Support the design, planning, delivery and evaluation of training and participation activities for the members of ACT communities, HCCA consumer representatives and the general public
- Organise venues or online meetings or seminars, manage RSVPs, arrange catering for functions and meetings both on and off-site and set up rooms for meetings and events including set up and pack away technology, such as the projector, laptop and hearing loop
- Prepare information packs as required by other staff members
- Prepare promotional materials and arrange HCCA event promotions through a variety of channels as required by other staff members
- Assist the Consumer Participation and Health Literacy Teams with record keeping of their activities as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with HCCA consumer representatives and members and provide support and information where required
- Liaise with ACT Health committee secretariats and Chairs to facilitate the endorsement process and support of consumer representatives
- Answer the HCCA office phone, and interact with participants in videoconferencing in a friendly, professional way
- Support the HCCA Administration Officer and as required
- Other duties as directed
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including working with individuals to solve problems and learn new skills
- Time management skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a work team, taking personal responsibility for achieving work outcomes as well as working independently
- Demonstrated ability to take clear, accurate and comprehensive records of meetings
- Demonstrated experience managing events
- Availability on Fridays and ability to support health literacy staff in work on weekends and after hours
- Demonstrated computer literacy including:
- Competence in MS Office including word processing and formatting ability
- Demonstrated ability to maintain MS Excel spreadsheets and databases
- Competence in using social media applications
- Relevant tertiary or other recognised qualifications
- Experience in managing and supporting others to participate in videoconference meetings
- ACT driver’s license
- Working with Vulnerable People Registration
For further information regarding the role, please contact Kate Gorman on 6230 7800.
A full position description is available below.