- Join a fast-paced, results driven for-purpose organisation
- 0.8 FTE position based in Castlemaine, Victoria.
- Salary Packaging
- Two-year contract
Hope Assistance Local Tradies (HALT), established in 2013, is a national grass roots, suicide prevention charity. The HALT program aims to improve the mental health literacy and communication skills of tradies, encouraging them to speak up and ask for support from their friends, families and support workers if they are struggling with their mental health or thinking about suicide.
Partnering with trades businesses, hardware stores, men’s sheds, learning institutions, farming communities, emergency responders and other key stakeholders, HALT hold ‘Save Your Bacon’ brekkies and other events across Australia, raising awareness of mental health and linking tradies to relevant support services.
The HALT Project Coordinator is an integral part of the HALT Team, responsible for supporting the expansion of HALT across communities in Victoria and throughout Australia, supervising regional staff activities and coordinating projects and initiatives to raise awareness of mental health and suicide prevention.
- Support and supervise the activities of a small team of HALT Project Workers.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to deliver effective evaluation of the HALT program.
- Develop and implement communications initiatives to promote the work of HALT.
- Write press releases and other material for distribution to national and local media outlets.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with key community and business stakeholders
- Formulate project plans specific to areas of the HALT program for presentation to COM and other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate fundraising initiatives and write grant applications.
- Support the organisation's reporting requirements, policy development, and other key strategic planning and documentation development.
The successful candidate will need:
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in social sciences and/or management OR demonstrated relevant experience in community work and/or management.
- A strong belief in social change and evidence of positive leadership behaviour.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a cooperative team environment in the pursuit of organisational objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of the mental health sector with a commitment to improving the mental health of tradies and reducing suicide amongst men.
- An ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships including negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to have difficult conversations confidently.
- High level strategy, business, financial management and organisational skills.
- An ability to successfully navigate a number of competing priorities in a highly productive environment.
- Proven success in fundraising initiatives including sponsorship development and grant writing.
- Excellent communications and marketing skills with experience in the development of resources, press releases, articles and various promotional materials.
- A background in program evaluation and an understanding of qualitative research methods in this context.
- Strong administration, project management and strategic planning skills.
For more information on the position, please contact Jeremy Forbes, CEO. Phone: 0409 756 274 or Email: email@example.com using the subject line: HALT Project Coordinator - Castlemaine enquiry via EthicalJobs
A full job description can be found in the link below.