We are looking for individuals who are passionate about dogs to join our large team of volunteers in performing the day-to-day activities required for the maintenance of kennels and the wellbeing of our greyhounds.
Greyhound Rescue ethically rescues, lovingly rehabilitates, and safely rehomes greyhounds; giving them a voice through advocacy and education.
What is your role?
- Cleaning and disinfecting kennels
- Grooming and walking greyhounds
- Providing specialised care to elderly and ill greyhounds
- Food preparation and feeding
- Basic property/garden maintenance
- Playing and interacting with the greyhounds
- Working in a team environment
What are the benefits?
As part of your role you will have the opportunity to play with greyhounds – perfect for the dog enthusiast! We also offer volunteers generous discounts on our online store and hold an annual end of year celebration for our community of volunteers. We are an inclusive and diverse organisation, and we welcome anyone who has a commitment to greyhound welfare.
As a volunteer Kennel Hand you will:
- Gain experience interacting with greyhounds and exposure to behaviour management and training utilised
- Have the potential to progress to becoming a kennel lead/head volunteer – overseeing a team of three to four volunteers
- Have the potential to branch out into off-site work such as marketing, events and organisational management
- You must be reasonably fit
- You must be able to commit to at least one shift per month (shifts are 3 hours)
- You must be able to attend our compulsory volunteer training session and/or be trained under the guidance of the Lead Kennel Hand
- You must be willing to discuss your volunteer application with a Greyhound Rescue representative on the phone or in person
- You must have a love of greyhounds and a commitment to their welfare
A position description is attached.