- $71,499 - $81,360 p.a. pro rata + super
- The Greens NSW state office, Glebe
- Fixed-term contract, 14 - 21 hours per week, until mid-September 2020
- Commencing March 2020
The Greens NSW is seeking a communications specialist with experience in political campaigns and local government issues for the 2020 Local Government election campaign. This role will support the Greens campaigns via social media and print media and advising on local government issues and framing those issues.
We require a person who is committed to the Greens principles, processes and policies, has good communication skills, an eye for detail, can work collaboratively with staff and volunteers, who requires minimal supervision, can work under pressure and has demonstrated experience in online and traditional media engagement.
Key responsibilities of the Communications Campaigner will include:
- Develop and implement media strategies
- Develop and execute a public narrative strategy for candidate communications and produce messaging guidelines for the campaign
- Identify and pursue proactive and reactive media opportunities
- Write and edit candidate materials as required
- Project manage design, printing, and distribution of community engagement material
- Produce digital content for candidates and campaign website and social media channels and provide advice on strategies for better online engagement
- Provide creative input and direction for campaign materials
The Communications Campaigner must meet the following essential requirements:
- Demonstrated commitment to the core principles of The Greens
- Demonstrated experience in online & traditional media
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and work with a diverse range of stakeholders (with varying technical competencies)
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills, including time management, attention to detail, ability to work under election stress
- Ability to work in a small team and experience working with volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to build effective interpersonal relationships and work collaboratively
- Campaign Coordinator: escalate issues, keep informed, advise and receive instructions
- Work team: work collaboratively and inclusively by participating in meetings to share information, innovation, and best practice
- Internal stakeholders: work with Greens members and councillors resolve issues and provide solutions to problems
Work Health & Safety
You must take all reasonable care for yourself and others and comply with any reasonable instructions, policies, and procedures relating to work health safety and wellbeing.
A Position Description is attached.