ABOUT THE GLEN
The Glen is 35-bed drug and alcohol residential rehabilitation centre established in 1994 and located at Chittaway Point. Our program is designed to treat a client in a holistic manner by addressing all of their issues. This means that we treat the person as a whole (spiritually, mentally and physically). We don’t just treat their addiction, we also look at things in their life that may be causing the addictive behaviours. Our program is about empowering people to take control of their lives, to live a good, fun life and to become active members of their families and the community as a whole.
ABOUT THE GLEN FOR WOMEN
The Glen for Women is a newly established 20-bed facility for women opening in April 2022 and located at Wyong Creek. The centre will follow a similar treatment philosophy as The Glen for Men. We are seeking strong, compassionate, empathetic woman with demonstrated experience of strength based and trauma informed approaches to address and support the needs of women seeking treatment.
- Plan, organise and deliver activities and group therapy sessions for clients.
- Support residents at The Glen for Women to maintain their place in the program at The Glen for Women by following house rules and participating in the Daily Routine.
- Ensure clients are complying with house rules at all times.
- Collect random and scheduled breath tests and urine analysis from clients
- Assist clients exiting the program under a disciplinary discharge
- Plan, organise and schedule case management sessions with clients. Scheduled session occur at week 1, 4 and 8 and more if needed
- Undertake holistic and culturally sensitive assessment of client needs
- Collaborate with client to develop goal focused individual treatment plans which may include employment and training
- Work collaboratively with client to develop interventions to motivate clients toward change
- Undertake routine client outcomes measures (COMS) and progress monitoring with client
- Complete case management plans using client management system (Mimaso)
- Attend case management meetings routinely
- Refer clients to and manage appointments with appropriate services or clinician, as required (such as grief counsellor, psychologist, financial counsellor, gambling counsellor, GP’s, dentist etc)
- Build effective relationships with external services including mental health, primary health and community service providers and ensure coordination of these service
- Assist with all court proceedings (Children’s, Family, Criminal, etc) and prepare progress reports, when required
- Work collaboratively with Department of Communities and Justice to meet the needs of the client, when required
- Communicate with DCJ and external agencies to coordinate the provision of child access
- Communicate with other child protection agencies on behalf on the client
- Provide support and advocacy on behalf of the client
- Assist clients to complete administrative/application tasks. Including, but not limited to:
- Client ID
- Medicare cards
- FACS/housing/WDO applications
- Resume writing and employment applications
- Develop and maintain networks and co-operative relationships with stakeholders who work with The Glen for Women residents for the benefit of The Glen for Women residents.
- Attend external agency meetings and strategically bring knowledge/relationships back to The Glen to support clients and participate in quality improvement activities as required.
- Ensure case notes based on observable behaviour and facts
- Maintain client case notes, records and reports as required including appropriate and timely clinical documentation, recording of treatment results, care plans, outcomes and recommendations in the client file on the client management system
- Complete shift reports in a timely manner
- Contribute to staff meetings, team development activities, performance initiatives and service development activities
- Understand and complete program risk assessments
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to case manage yourself
- Leadership & communication skills
- Good computer & technology skills
- Ability to provide solutions when you identify a problem
- Ability to plan your work, and manage your time
- Ability to build relationships that add value to client journey
- Understanding of risk
- Attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate complex issues with clients.
You will be required to work weekends as a Program Supervisor and 3 weekdays as a case manager.
WORKING AT THE GLEN
A lot of hard work happens behind-the-scenes at The Glen. There are high expectations that come with wearing a Glen shirt, this includes:
- Always prepared: The Glen takes pride in being organised, planned and prepared in everything we do – programs for clients, meetings with staff/stakeholders and community events.
- Always communicating: Communication is key to ensure everyone is always on the same page. We communicate via multiple technologies – phone, messages, emails, calendars, shift reports and clinical software (Mimaso)
- Always improving: The Glen is accredited under QIP always striving for better. We are a fast-paced, driven and ambitious organisation that’s always seeking to work more efficiently and effectively for the betterment of the client journey.
- Always honest: One of our values is that everything we do is grounded in a foundation of honesty. We have honest conversations with clients, we are honest with ourselves, honest with each other and our stakeholders. There are times of debate and discussion to arrive at win-win solutions. Walk into any room with a Glen shirt on, and people expect honesty from us.
If the values and statements above align with you, then The Glen will be a great place to work.
The Glen remunerated according to the SCHADS award with the level to based on your experience & qualifications, and can be negotiated.
For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Weekend Program Supervisor / Case Manager - Wyong Creek enquiry via EthicalJobs, with your question and phone number, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
A position description is attached.