ABOUT THE GLEN
The Glen is 35-bed drug and alcohol residential rehabilitation centre established in 1994 and located at Chittaway Point. Our program is designed to treat a client in a holistic manner by addressing all of their issues. This means that we treat the person as a whole (spiritually, mentally and physically). We don’t just treat their addiction, we also look at things in their life that may be causing the addictive behaviours. Our program is about empowering people to take control of their lives, to live a good, fun life and to become active members of their families and the community as a whole.
ABOUT THE GLEN FOR WOMEN
The Glen for Women is a newly established 20-bed facility for women opening in April 2022 and located at Wyong Creek. The centre will follow a similar treatment philosophy as The Glen for Men. We are seeking strong, compassionate, empathetic woman with demonstrated experience of strength based and trauma informed approaches to address and support the needs of women seeking treatment.
Objective of your role
The Program Supervisor is responsible for implementing the weekly routine each day at The Glen for Women. This includes planning and supporting the menu/food delivery, the clients chores roster, the counsellor’s checklist and also implementing the house rules of The Glen. The Senior Counsellor needs to be able to comfortably facilitate and arrange group therapy sessions, work with individuals in one to one counselling sessions, and support, monitor and report on client’s participation in activities. The Program Supervisor is responsible for implementing the daily program at The Glen for Women and will need to work independently and as part of a team at times. You must be a measured decision maker and be good with planning, IT skills and have good time management.
- Attend changeover each morning
- Monitor clients needs for the day and have a plan to execute what the clients needs are
- Ensure Counsellors and Support Workers checklists are completed. This includes:
- Ensure lunch is served at 12 and that dinner is being prepared for 5pm
- Ensure all alarms are set on/off as required (i.e. security)
- Ensure AM medications are Ensure The Glen for Women buildings are secure and locked as appropriate
- dispensed to clients and have been documented
- Ensure all chores are completed satisfactorily as required
- Prepare for, coordinate and implement program activities including routine, and culture and sport activities according to the Routine.
- Supervising clients as they engage in all program activities: on and off site during your rostered shift
- Coordinate clients in attending external medical appointments and ensure appointments are documented
- Prepare and actively participate in de-briefing sessions with the clinical team at morning and afternoon change over
- Arrange transport for clients to external appointments, events and activities
- Provide input into the program development at The Glen for Women
- Assist in the induction, orientation and mentorship to new employees & volunteers when requested
- Collect random and scheduled breath tests and urine analysis from clients
- Assist clients exiting the program under a disciplinary discharge (utilising the Exit plan of the client)
- Complete intake and induction of new clients
- Direct all unapproved visitors off The Glen for Women property immediately (and notify Police and Security as required).
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance with policies and procedures
- Provide first aid when required and ensure incident reports are completed
- Ensure clients have engaged in one-on-one support session with an emphasis assessing their progress in treatment and refer to clinical team, if required
- Make appropriate referrals to external service providers (in consultation with clinical team)
- Work collaboratively with client to develop interventions to motivate clients toward change
- Ensure clients are complying with house rules
- Role model healthy life choices and positive interactions with people
- Complete shift reports at the end of each shift
- Maintain client case notes in the client file on the client management system (Mimaso)
- Ensure case notes based on observable behaviour and facts
- Contribute to staff meetings, team development activities, performance initiatives and service development activities
- Participate in staff appraisal and identify areas of professional development
- Understand and complete program risk assessments
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to supervise up to 20 residents
- Ability to case manage yourself
- Leadership & communication skills
- Good computer & technology skills
- Ability to provide solutions when you identify a problem
- Ability to plan your work, and manage your time
- Understanding of risk
- Attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate complex issues with clients
The days of work will be Monday to Friday, and the shift hours will be negotiated with the team.
WORKING AT THE GLEN
A lot of hard work happens behind-the-scenes at The Glen. There are high expectations that come with wearing a Glen shirt, this includes:
- Always prepared: The Glen takes pride in being organised, planned and prepared in everything we do – programs for clients, meetings with staff/stakeholders and community events.
- Always communicating: Communication is key to ensure everyone is always on the same page. We communicate via multiple technologies – phone, messages, emails, calendars, shift reports and clinical software (Mimaso)
- Always improving: The Glen is accredited under QIP always striving for better. We are a fast-paced, driven and ambitious organisation that’s always seeking to work more efficiently and effectively for the betterment of the client journey.
- Always honest: One of our values is that everything we do is grounded in a foundation of honesty. We have honest conversations with clients, we are honest with ourselves, honest with each other and our stakeholders. There are times of debate and discussion to arrive at win-win solutions. Walk into any room with a Glen shirt on, and people expect honesty from us.
If the values and statements above align with you, then The Glen will be a great place to work.
Salary will be negotiated with successful candidates, with an expected range of $90k - $100k.
For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Program Supervisor - Monday to Friday - Wyong Creek enquiry via EthicalJobs, with your question and phone number, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
A position description is attached.