- International Aid NGO
- Full-time Position
About the business
GIM Foundation is an international relief and development agency. GIM works on delivering high quality aid and development projects in line with the aim of alleviating suffering and ending poverty and inequality for all people around the world.
GIM has a small but rapidly growing portfolio of International and local projects. GIM has a small dynamic staff and volunteers throughout Australia whom support local and international emergency, welfare, and development projects, as well as undertake fundraising and advocacy work. GIM has also partnered with local and international not-for-profit and community-based organisations to deliver their services.
Who are we looking for?
GIM is heading in an exciting new direction with program impact being the heart of our work and values. We are looking for a strong program coordinator to join our team and contributing significantly in growing and strengthening the Programs Department in multiple directions.
We want to hear from you if you are agile and flexible, technically knowledgeable and experienced, great at prioritising and being a self-driven team leader and are excited by new opportunities.
- Oversee the Programs Department through a period of significant change and growth in both the international and domestic spaces.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the department strategy in line with GIM’s strategy and values and developing monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Support in developing and implementing the department’s annual budgets and operational plans.
- Oversee significant portfolio of humanitarian and development projects across the Middle East, Africa and Asia and ensuring programmatic coherency and quality across the board.
- Oversee the departments database has accurate and up to date information.
- Strengthen the systems, policies and frameworks of the organisation to ensure all GIM’s projects and programs attain the highest standards of best practice as defined by ACFID and DFAT.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with prospective/institutional donors, community leaders, businesses and consortia funding opportunities.
- Support and build the Programs team. This will also involve promoting and ensuring the culture of learning, growth, and technical excellence within the team.
The Successful Candidate must have (selection criteria):
- Tertiary education relevant to the sector with minimum two years previous experience in a similar role.
- Successful track record of achieving strategic objectives and operational targets.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, managing and coordinating programs / projects.
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining relevant partnerships.
- Knowledge and experience within the ACFID code of conduct.
- Previous experience with the Department of Foreign Affairs ANCP program will be highly regarded.
- Significant previous experience in planning and managing budgets in accordance to GIM’s guidelines.
- Ability to travel abroad to the Middle East (excluding Syria), Asia, and Africa.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills as well as a good knowledge and respect of the Islamic faith and values.
- Experience in various software applications including Office 365, Salesforce, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The application form will include these questions:
- Do you have the right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold an Australian Driving License?
- Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- What is your expected annual base salary?
GIM promotes equality and meritocracy and seeks individuals who agree with GIM’s values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. We will carry out screening checks and contact references on your behalf if you have been successfully selected.
Please note, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work within Australia.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity.