- International Aid NGO
- Full-time Position
About the business
GIM Foundation is an international relief and development agency. GIM works on delivering high quality aid and development projects in line with the aim of alleviating suffering and ending poverty and inequality for all people around the world.
GIM has a small but rapidly growing portfolio of International and local projects. GIM has a small dynamic staff and volunteers throughout Australia whom support local and international emergency, welfare, and development projects, as well as undertake fundraising and advocacy work. GIM has also partnered with local and international not-for-profit and community-based organisations to deliver their services.
Who are we looking for?
GIM is heading in an exciting new direction with the mission of building a strong relation with our stakeholders. The Community Engagement Coordinator will be working closely with the CEO and lead the fundraising and marketing team to deliver GIM’s services. The Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and growing the organisations relationships with donors, supporters, and community leaders. The role will also include the development and implementation of a sustainable growth plan for the fundraising team. The role will be varied, and no two days are alike.
We want to hear from you If you are the type of person who is driven to help and support others, your personable and hands-on, can maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, and donors.
- Leadership and management fundraising initiatives, supporter relations and building local partnerships
- Developing and implementing a growth fundraising strategy and plan.
- Developing and implementing the department’s annual budgets and operational plans.
- Understanding and contributing to marketing, communication and volunteer recruitment
- High level of knowledge of contemporary fundraising principles including donor journeys
- Support and build the Community Engagement Team.
- Promote, and ensure a culture of learning, growth, and technical excellence for the team.
- Maintain information integrity and produce reports of fundraising activities in the CRM, Salesforce
- Applying your personable and hands-on approach to create and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, community leaders, business and consortia funding opportunities.
The Successful Candidate must have (selection criteria):
- Ideally, you will be an experienced in community engagement / fundraiser across various channels.
- Innovative approach to income generation and a hunger to succeed in implementing new initiatives and creative solutions
- Demonstrable management experience with successful track record in mentoring, engaging, and inspiring a team to achieve high results
- Tertiary education relevant to the sector with previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in building relationships, managing donors, or developing projects to improve donor life cycle.
- Ability to mobiles and manage volunteers for social justice work, fundraising and provide supports to area of needs.
- Strong Public communications and social media content development experience
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills as well as a good knowledge and respect of the Islamic faith and values.
- Hold a current driving licence and own car
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that GIM’s fundraising is of a high ethical and operational standard
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation relevant to the fundraising operations of a non-profit charitable organisations
The application form will include these questions:
- Do you have the right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?
- Do you have experience in a previous role which required relationship management experience?
- What is your expected annual base salary?
GIM promotes equality and meritocracy and seeks individuals who agree with GIM’s values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. We will carry out screening checks and contact references should your application be successful.
Please note, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work within Australia.