About the Company
MatchWorks is part of genU, a respected not-for profit community organisation that’s been working with people with disability, the ageing and those experiencing disadvantage for over 65 years. As part of genU, MatchWorks are committed to building our local communities and making everyone’s lives happier and healthier.
Our diverse team comes from a range of backgrounds and we look for people who have the energy and life experience to look beyond the resume and connect with our clients to build sustainable outcomes.
MatchWorks has over 1000 staff committed to achieving outcomes for jobseekers from over 130 locations across Australia. We understand the challenges, but we embrace the opportunities to make getting people into work an important step in supporting them to realise their dreams.
About the Role
As part of a national network of mental health professionals, the MatchWorks Health & Wellbeing Consultant role involves providing health & wellbeing support to job seekers accessing jobactive and Disability Employment Services (DES).
This is a full time permanent role which will cover the North East Melbourne employment region in Victoria including locations such as Greensborough, Epping, Belgrave and Lilydale. The role requires the successful candidate to be flexible with travel in this region. We also have a part-time (3 day) role available in North East Melbourne.
Reporting to the Senior Health & Wellbeing Consultant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting biopsychosocial assessments and the provision of client focused short term interventions
- Delivering psycho-educational group based interventions
- Supporting operational staff with managing their clients with health and/or wellbeing concerns
- Providing return-to-work guidance and offering in-work support as required
- Building relationships with key stakeholders that contribute to the successful delivery of the service
As a Health & Wellbeing Consultant, you will:
- Work with individuals on a one-to-one basis and in groups to support those experiencing health and or wellbeing concerns
- Provide psychoeducation to clients on their health condition and use short term evidence based and best practice interventions to assist them to better manage their health and wellbeing
- Create an individualised support plan for each client that focuses on return to work and assist as many clients into lasting employment as possible;
- Offer return-to-work advice and guidance for both clients and Employment Consultants
- Assess and provide clients with practical techniques that enable them to understand and manage their conditions on a long-term basis once in employment
- Refer clients to relevant external health or specialist services as required
- Ensure service delivery meets the quality standards outlined in our clinical governance framework
- Be a champion for health and wellbeing services in your area
The successful candidate will be fully registered as a health professional, with one of the following regulatory bodies:
- Psychologist registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Occupational Therapist registered with AHPRA
- A counsellor registered with the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) at Level 2 or above, or the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) at Provisional or Clinical level
About Our Benefits
- One to one and group supervision provided
- Salary sacrificing arrangement
- Car and fuel allowance
- Generous professional development
- Join an expanding organisation in a growing industry
- Highly engaged and professional team
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to purchase up to 4 weeks extra leave;
- Paid volunteer leave
- Laptop and phone
- Commitment to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce