Groote Eylandt Bickerton Island Enterprises (GEBIE), Community Development Program, (GEBIE, CDP) Groote Eylandt N.T
The CDP Community Work Crew Project Coordinator will have;
- Demonstrated experience in working respectfully with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in a cross-cultural and remote region.
- Construction or building experience with trade qualifications.
- A current White Card,
- A current First Aid Certificate
- A working with children clearance (Ochre card) or ability to obtain one; and agree to an NT Police check.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate;
- Strong skill sets in construction/ building /woodwork/ concreting and or a trade qualification
- Experience in working with and Supervising people in construction or building environments to develop skill sets and confidence
- An ability to identify and support the delivery of relevant accredited and non-accredited training for participants working on projects.
- An ability to work cross-culturally and with a team to complete community-identified projects.
- An ability to support the development of workplace construction/building skills including workplace communication; and the observation of WHS policies.
- Assist with the completion of reports, inclusive of Jobseeker attendance records.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering skill sets to people at an entry-level to build on their skill sets, capacity and confidence in addressing vocational and non-vocational barriers to participation and employment.
- Demonstrated high level of cross-cultural awareness to ensure effective participation in a cross-cultural workplace.
- Awareness and understanding of issues affecting First Nations people in Australia.
- Exhibit punctuality, time management and sound communication skills communication in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in report writing, planning activities and events, case noting and understanding of accountability to respective funding bodies to demonstrate and evidence contractual service delivery obligations.
Additional essential requirements
- Employment GEBIE CDP is subject to a Criminal History Check and the ability to obtain a Working with Children Clearance.
- Current C Class Driver’s Licence with ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Previous experience living and/or working with and in First Nations communities within Australia.
Remuneration for the role of Community Work Crew Project Coordinator is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Further details can be obtained by contacting Felicity by telephone on 0448 990 827.
Please click Apply Now to submit your application.