- Start date: From March 2022
FutureSense Foundation (FSF) is a small international development charity that works mainly in rural areas to support disadvantaged and marginalised communities around the world, to help them build a brighter future. We currently have permanent hubs and operate programmes across 6 countries where we support local partner schools, communities and health centers through a grassroots community development approach. Our work aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and is focused on long-term and sustainable community development through three core programme areas; Education, Health & Livelihoods.
Through our long-term programmes in Education, Health and Livelihoods, we offer opportunities for individuals and groups to volunteer and work alongside our hub teams contribute to our in-country development work. Our volunteers mainly include UK and Australia based university and college students aged 16 and above that come to FutureSense Foundation through our sister organization; Challenges Abroad who work with the students and education partners, offering service learning opportunities for students to develop as Global Citizens and future leaders.
We are now looking for a full time (40h/week) energetic and passionate leader to join our team as the Operations Manager in our hub in Battambang, Cambodia.
If you are interested in any of our other hubs or roles please visit our website to see other role vacancies.
As the supervisor of all programme development, delivery and, volunteer activities in our Cambodia hub we require project and team management experience, strong customer service and group process management understanding, and excellent intercultural communication skills. Previous experience in delivering community development, youthwork and/or environmental protection projects with an organization involved in international development in a management role is highly desirable.
- Strategically plan and oversee the delivery, monitoring & evaluation, and development of all programmes in the Cambodia hub.
- Identify areas of need and opportunities for growth through research, needs assessments, and partner evaluations.
- Uphold minimum programme delivery standards to ensure sustainable programme delivery, ethical practices, maximum impact and alignment with then UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Uphold the partner engagement strategy to develop effective working relationships with local communities and partners to ensure community needs are being met and our programme outputs are effective.
- Ensuring appropriate training, mentoring and support for the in-country team, volunteers and partners to ensure high quality programme delivery.
- Strategically oversee the planning and implementation of volunteer logistics to ensure high quality programme delivery and a positive volunteer experience to grow our supporter base.
- Create, manage and report on all hub operational, volunteer and project budgets
- Effectively manage and support your diverse in-country team to achieve operational targets
- Ensure the safety and security of the team, volunteers and beneficiaries in line with our safeguarding policies
- Represent FutureSense Foundation locally and globally by sharing our work and upholding our organizational standards and values
ROLE BENEFITS & PERKS
- Monthly allowance – starting at $600-800 depending on experience
- 34 days of leave (including annual leave & public holidays)
- 5 days of personal leave
- Phone allowance
- Paid travel expenses
- Personal development coaching & monthly global job-training workshops
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Master’s degree or a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience
- First Aid qualification and certificate
- Experience living and working abroad and/or with people from different cultures
- Experience in leading and motivating a team (staff and/or volunteers)
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic knowledge and understanding of budget forecasting & reporting
- Basic knowledge and understanding of risk management & safeguarding
Required Skills & Competences
- Good strategic planning skills
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Strong networking and relationship management skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to deal with conflict and overcome challenges
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Monitoring & Evaluation
- Good understanding of ethical practices in community development
Your Attitudes of Success
- A passion for community development, skills development and achieving results
- Willingness to participate in the actual programme delivery of the hub and ability to uphold FSF’s minimum standards on programme delivery
- Comfortable working in a flexible environment and prepared to go above and beyond and work long hours when needed
- Fluent or working knowledge of Khmer (written and spoken)
- Experience working with international volunteers and/or youth
- Experience in delivering educational workshops for children youth and/or adults
Please note that all new management positions are subject to a 3-month probationary period.