- Experience in campaigning and stakeholder engagement essential
- International animal protection organisation
- 6-month contractors role – day rate to be determined based on experience
- Part-time, 3 days
- Location: Broadway, Sydney – partly work from home available
- Reports to: Australian Head of Programmes
- This is currently a short-term contract role, however there may be potential for extension.
About FOUR PAWS
FOUR PAWS is one of the largest international animal protection charities in the world. The organisation’s mission is to be the strong, global and independent voice for animals under human control: creating sustainable solutions for animals in need, touching hearts and changing consumer behaviour, while driving legal change to improve the protection of animals.
Overview of position
The primary focus of this role is to assist the Australian team in fulfilling the needs of an international strategy focused on companion animals. This person will engage corporates, government, and health professionals to achieve support for key campaign initiatives. Report writing and developing creative awareness initiatives will also be a key function of this support role.
Working with the Head of Programmes, the Programmes Officer will provide timely feedback to various teams on progress and engagement outcomes, and will have the capacity to join calls in the evening with international counterparts.
The ideal candidate has these essential attributes, skills and experience
- A strong passion for animal protection
- Excellent communication skills, with a demonstrated ability and confidence to inspire, engage and lead people to act
- A minimum of 2 years experience in roles whereby stakeholder engagement is a core duty
- Strong campaigning skills
- Has an optimistic outlook, is flexible and adaptable, and is highly organised
Other favourable attributes:
- Working in an international multidisciplinary team of programmes, communication and fundraising experts
- Has traveled or worked throughout South East Asia, and has a basic understanding of the region, its cultures and political realities
- Has held paid roles for other animal protection or environmental organisations in a campaigning or stakeholder engagement capacity
- Experienced in creating events which are appealing to targeted stakeholders and/or media, and achieve specific measurable outputs