- Full time, ongoing, Social Worker Grade 3
- Based Ravenhall Correctional Centre, Aire Unit
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Completed in 2017, the new medium-security men's prison is located in Ravenhall Correctional Centre in Melbourne's west, providing world-class forensic mental health services in Victoria in a purpose-built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards.
About the role:
The Senior Social Worker is responsible for providing high-level social work services in a custodial care environment. The role will focus on provision of recovery, advocacy and psychosocial support as well as provide leadership within the Social Work Service and broader organisation.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and hold a Senior Social Worker role.
- Provide expert advice, direct practice, secondary consultation and facilitate reflective practices with teams providing custodial psychiatric?care.
- Develop and implement social work provision that caters to the needs of individual, families/carers and groups
- Liaison with Corrections, legal representatives, courts and other stakeholders.
- Provide discipline-specific leadership
- Deliver individual and group-based programs to men with complex and challenging behaviours
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver holistic discharge plans
- Provide leadership in the engagement of family members/carers to support consumers
- Participate in team meetings including clinical review, providing advice and input from a social work perspective
- Participate in and deliver relevant professional development
Skills and experience:
- Approved degree in Social Work, or other qualifications approved for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers with 5 years’ experience in a related field.
- Understanding of/experience in forensic mental health settings and practices.
- Knowledge and skills related to providing psychiatric care in custodial settings.
- Ability to develop collaborative recovery goals and undertake clinical risk and criminogenic assessments.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Approved degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- This position is subject to a Police Check.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.