- Join Jigsaw, a fast growing social business redesigning the way people with disability are trained, employed and transitioned into employment
- Full time position, located in Melbourne
- Competitive package based on relevant qualifications/experience + super + salary packaging (including novated car leasing) options
Jigsaw is an innovative social enterprise revolutionising the way people with disability receive job training, award wage employment opportunities and transition into mainstream employment. We believe people prepare best for work, through work – see jigsawaustralia.com.au.
At the heart of the Jigsaw model is a thriving document and data management business, providing a range of high-quality commercial services to corporate and government clients.
This commercial activity allows Jigsaw to create a training platform for people with disability to prepare for and secure award wage employment at their own pace.
We are excited to be bringing Jigsaw to Melbourne opening early 2021.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We describe our participant intake role as our Community Engagement Lead, recognising the responsibility for building relationships across the community in which Jigsaw operates. The Community Engagement Lead is responsible for both the initial engagement of participants and the ongoing relationship with them.
This role will be varied in the beginning. It is a unique opportunity to work within our business model as Trainer and Community Engagement Lead initially. You will help Train our online trainees in line with our competency framework, as well as lead work experience at our off-site premises until our Jigsaw Hub opens.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY INCLUDE:
- The Trainer component to the position initially, is responsible for delivering training and work experience activities to develop the skills and capabilities of your assigned Trainees in accordance to the Jigsaw Workforce Value’s and their individualised goals
- Using your existing relationships, and through building new ones within the Melbourne community, engage the initial cohort of participants for Jigsaw Melbourne
- Develop and maintain relationships within the Melbourne community and referral network
- Respond to enquiries from potential referrers, new participants and their families
- Management of participant recruitment involving Hub tours, trial days, completion of intake procedures/documentation and introduction of the new participant to the hub
- Understanding of participants overall NDIS budget and coordination of Schedule of Supports and any ongoing change to the Schedule of Supports
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE:
- A current understanding and network within the Melbourne disability sector
- Understanding of the NDIS and experience working with people with disability
- You have a proactive attitude to work and are a natural self-starter with initiative in spades, along with the ability to work hands-on as part of a team and autonomously when required
- A high level of empathy and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining relationships
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple scenarios and the ability to prioritise in response to dynamic business needs
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3+ years recent experience in a customer-centric position within the disability sector
- Operational, customer service and/or administrative business experience
- Relevant qualifications desirable including occupational therapy, behavioural science or another allied health degree
ALSO REQUIRED TO:
- Possess the right to work in Australia
- Travel domestically within metropolitan Melbourne area
- Possess a current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and Working With Children Check
- Be available and willing to work at events on weekends and evenings on occasion