- Join a social enterprise that is shaking up the disability day program space!
- 3 month fixed term contract (full time)
- Flexibility to work from multiple locations including: Parramatta, Botany, Frenchs Forest or Home
ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE & AVENUE:
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is not your average day program! We are a series of Co-Working Spaces for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs; working to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers people with disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The role of Database Administrator is responsible for providing timely and accurate support to the finance and operational teams around the administration of program participation within our National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) registered services.
Key areas of accountability include:
- Service Agreements and Schedules of Supports
- Set up, maintain and update Service Agreements and Schedule of Supports (SoS) to reflect accurate information and pricing
- Maintenance of Client Management System (CMS) and National Disability Agency Portal
- Set up new clients, their funding and invoicing details in CMS
- Review and maintain accuracy of funding and activities
- Preparation of any necessary operational and management reports
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the NDIS policies and processes
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Operational, customer service and/or administrative business experience
- Experience updating and maintaining a CMS, knowledge of SupportAbility highly regarded.
- Desirable - experience working in the disability sector, developing and maintaining service agreements for participants with NDIS packages
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong administration and data entry skills. The ideal candidate will have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Google Suite, specifically Google Sheets
- Excellent communication and comprehension skills
- Ability to learn on the job within a fast paced evolving environment
- Desirable - Knowledge or understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provider obligations, price guide and provider portal and ability to interpret a NDIS plan
- Possess the right to work in Australia.
- Travel domestically on occasion, and travel within Sydney between offices.
- Possess a current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and Working With Children Check.
- Possess a current NSW driver's license.
A position description is attached.