- Full-time contract, Sydney Area, based in Frenchs Forest.
- A competitive package based on relevant qualifications/experience + super + salary packaging options available
- Take an operational lead at an Avenue Co-Working Space, providing opportunities for people with disability to work, socialise and learn as we enter our new “normal” during COVID
About Fighting Chance & Avenue:
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is not your average day program! We are a series of Co-Working Spaces for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs; working to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a national network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers people disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy.
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development.
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager of Avenue, the Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing every aspect of the Avenue Co-Working Space. The Manager must apply high-level administration, operational, people management and leadership skills to drive a committed workforce to deliver best practice supports for people with disability.
You will be responsible for:
- The effective operation of Avenue Frenchs Forest.
- Staff recruitment, onboarding, ongoing engagement and leadership.
- Weekly staff rosters.
- Developing and maintaining excellent participant and family/support network relationships as well as with other key stakeholders.
- Maintenance of participant database to ensure relevant and reliable data for billing and business intelligence reporting.
- Overseeing the effective delivery and administration of Avenue’s program elements: Work Social and Learning.
- Adherence to legislation and organisational policies and procedures to ensure appropriate health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- 1 - 3 years staff management/team leadership experience.
- Rostering experience for medium-sized teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work and communicate effectively with people we support, their families/carers, community and other networks.
- Highly developed administrative and organisational skills.
- Intermediate level Excel/Microsoft/G-Suite.
- A passion for social enterprise and a commitment to shifting the dial for people with disability!
- Experience in the management of a multidisciplinary team in a service delivery environment.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes through the effective management of financial, physical and human resources.
- Strong leadership skills, experience in staff supervision, and the capacity to contribute to building a team focused on consistent high quality and constant improvement.
- Ability to supervise a team, to establish priorities and manage competing deadlines for self and others.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team in a fast changing environment.
- Every opportunity to contribute your ideas for improving quality and service delivery, and to get involved in decision-making
- Support and opportunity for career development with progression opportunities into other leadership role
- Collaborative and positive work culture
- Purpose centred work
Position description attached.
If this sounds like you please apply today, with your current resume and cover letter addressing the above essential criteria.