- Do you want to be a part of a ground-breaking service for adults with complex behaviours?
- Are you values driven and compassionate with a person centred approach to your work?
- Are you looking for a challenge in a work environment where each day is different, learning new skills is supported and opportunities to develop your career are offered?
At Avenue Plus, we have always believed that with the right support, everyone can participate in society and make their contribution. Our vision is to become Australia’s leading service for adults with complex behaviours and we need an unbeatable workforce to achieve this.
Offering excellent foundational training, ongoing up-skilling and ground-breaking support models, we’re not changing the game - we’re inventing it - and we need you to blaze the trail with us.
We work towards a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all, we achieve this by ensuring that:
- The point of everything that we do is always: “What’s best for the person?”
- “Yes” is our natural response. We give ideas a chance and find ways to make them happen
- We are in the business of opportunity, not charity
- Our staff are the best in the business. They are talented, fresh minded and determined to make a difference
- We are innovative and we are not afraid to be unorthodox if it means a better outcome for the people we support
The Support Worker is a critical role, everything that we set out to achieve is dependent on providing superior support in the delivery of our programs and services on a day-to-day basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing all aspects of personal care, mealtime assistance, behaviour support and assistance with daily work tasks
- Building relationships with participants
- Ensuring that the best support is provided to participants in the way they want it
- Providing feedback to families about support provided and progress towards goals
- Using your creativity to think outside of the square about how to deliver support
- Completing relevant reporting in a timely fashion
What we are looking for:
- A professional, positive and passionate approach to providing the highest level of support
- Be energetic, ambitious and seeking to learn and grow in the role
- Possess or be willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Working with Children Check
- Possess or be willing to obtain Provide First Aid & CPR
- Hold a NSW Drivers Licence (desirable)
- Fully Covid Vaccinated, including Booster
Over and above the extraordinary contribution to the lives of people with disability that you will be making, the benefits on offer, include:
- Casual & permanent part time positions
- Salary packaging options
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team with a fantastic workplace culture
- Purpose centred work
- Ongoing professional development
Avenue Plus is not ‘your average’ day program! So, if you are not ‘your average’ employee, we want to hear from you!
To be considered for this position please attach a cover letter outlining your suitability to the position, along with your current resume.
Find out more here: