- Full time position
- Flexible work options. Office location: Northern Beaches
- Work for an organisation making a significant impact in the disability sector!
ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE & AVENUE
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is not your average day program! We are a series of Co-Working Spaces for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs; working to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers people with disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our People & Culture (P&C) team is embarking on an exciting journey that will transform the way in which the team operates and supports our enterprises, in a period of growth and change.
This is an interesting and varied position, which would suit a real people person (there's a lot of human reality in HR!) who is looking to build their career as a HR generalist and wants to put their administration and organisational skills to good use.
- First point of contact for HR related enquiries for the Avenue enterprise
- Supporting recruitment, including writing and posting job advertisements, phone-screening and short-listing applicants
- Administer employment contracts, variations and maintain all associated documentation within the employee lifecycle and employee files
- Work closely with the P&C team to introduce new processes and initiatives
- Play an integral role in the introduction of new HR technologies
We are seeking a positive, proactive person who will bring a lot of energy into the role with the following attributes and skills:
- Posses a relevant tertiary qualification & 2+ years recent experience in a human resources coordinator/officer position or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of human resources operations and best practices
- Intermediate knowledge MS Office/Google Suite
- Ability to manage projects and multiple stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of employment laws and/or experience with interpreting Awards
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work hands-on as part of a team, and autonomously when required
- A passion for the disability sector and a true commitment to shifting the dial
- Possess the right to work in Australia
- Travel within Sydney on occasion
- Possess a current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and Working With Children Check