Exceptional Bonds is an NDIS Registered Provider, we offer Counselling, Support Coordination & Therapy services for people with a disability and their carers within the Brisbane and wider area. We are a small but very experienced and skilled team of clinicians looking at making a difference for people with a disability by helping them achieve their goals in life by providing a quality service.
We have a vacancy for an NDIS Support Coordinator to support quality of service delivery to our customers and partners, maximise satisfaction and promote cost effectiveness. Establishing a positive collaborative relationship with the person and their support network and assist the person to identify, link with and coordinate support to link with local communities, build skills, overcome barriers and achieve goals.
You will have the responsibility to ensure the implementation of person's plans and the achievement of their goals. In this role you will need to have a strong understanding of the NDIS and the role of an NDIS Support Coordinator.
- Support NDIS participants understand how they can best utilise their NDIS plan to achieve their goals
- Coordinate and provide services that support our participants’ goals, choice and control
- Manage and review Service Agreements
- Deliver services to our participants in a safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and participate-centred manner
- Adhere to professional standards as outlined by protocols, rules and regulations
- Provide Coordination of Supports to complex programs in allocated portfolio; supporting the individual’s ability to connect with informal, mainstream and funded supports, and to increase capacity to maintain support relationships, and resolve service delivery issues
- Provide crisis management and Incident reporting follow up
- Facilitate regular team meetings and attending care team meeting for custom programs in allocated portfolio
- Have a sound understanding and abreast of relevant regulations, legislation and guidelines and NDIS procedural guidelines
- Promote quality and cost-effective interventions and outcomes
Competencies and Skills
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications or Diploma in a related discipline and/or three years’ experience in similar role
- Previous experience in a similar position within the support worker industry and have a solid understanding of the NDIS Act
- Excellent knowledge of Support Coordination principles and the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Familiarity with professional and technical emerging knowledge
- Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Compassionate with teamwork skills
- Current license, certification or registration
- Membership registration (where relevant)
- Drivers licence (current)
Are you the right candidate?
- Successful experience in coordinating responsive, individualised support to participants with complex needs and their families
- A commitment to person centred and family centred practice and maximising the opportunities and support of participants with disabilities and their families within their local communities
- A sound understanding of relevant legislation, NDIS procedural guidelines and the full range of community services that may be required by participants
- A commitment to work within the NDIS policy and funding framework
- Demonstrated skill in researching information and developing effective and innovative support options
Is based on the ‘Social & Community Services Industry’ - Social and community services employee pay rates. Information regarding the rates and entitlements can be found on the Fair Work website.
The position is at Level 4 pay point 3, which is $38.54/hr + 9.5% super, with flexible working hours working 28 hrs per week.