Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the Programs team in developing and delivery of Earthwatch’s portfolio of citizen science and learning program
- Ensure Earthwatch’s portfolio positions the organisation as a leader in citizen science experiences and sustainable behaviour change
- Manage, maintain and oversee Earthwatch OHS procedures to ensure best practice
- Work closely with the CDO and CEO in partnership proposal writing and reporting, relationship building and management, and delivering organisational strategy
- Administrative duties
Your passion for environmental sustainability and citizen science engagement, behaviour change and fieldwork safety will be highly regarded. Earthwatch Australia is a small organisation, so your ability to work in a small team, be self-motivated, result-oriented and show initiative is critical.
- Must be an Australian citizen/PR or have a valid work visa
- Degree with Honours in a relevant field (i.e. conservation biology, environmental science, ecology), or Degree in a relevant field and significant fieldwork experience
- Significant experience in conducting or managing field expeditions
- Knowledge and experience of international best practice in Risk Management and Field Safety
- Excellent track record in working with diverse teams of people
- Experience in management of program finances in a prudent manner
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Exemplary people management skills
- Knowledge of natural capital, marine debris, blue carbon, climate change science and phenology or environmental markets and/or environmental economics
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Grant or proposal writing experience
- Ability to travel interstate/work outside of normal office hours while in the field
Could you be our next Head of Programs?
We recommended that you read the position description prior to submitting your application.
A position description is attached.