ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Darwin Skills Development Scheme Inc. (DSDS) is a not for profit community based organisation assisting persons with a disability and disadvantaged persons to access employment. DSDS believes that everyone has the right to engage in meaningful work, to fulfil their potential as citizens and participate equitably in their community. DSDS provides a range of support services and programs to assist people to achieve their goals.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an experienced manager, you will be responsible for the development and the delivery of support and services to disadvantaged persons. You will provide leadership and support to your team in achieving the best outcomes for the people we support.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of high quality person-centred and individualised disability services.
- Responsible for expansion to include appropriate NDIS provider services.
- Responsible for monitoring the operational standards, policies and procedures and delivering support and services in accordance with National Disability Service Standards, Quality Management Frameworks, Aboriginal Services Framework and Better Care Standards.
- Provide coaching and direction to staff.
- Authorise quotes and funding plans to relevant bodies.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Comprehensive understanding of community networks and relevant legislation
- The ability to work with people we support and their families in all aspects of service delivery and planning.
- Comprehensive knowledge, experience and management within Human Services, including strong financial and team management skills.
- The ability to achieve results within the community sector including identifying funding opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to apply these skills with a wide range of employees, representatives, community organisations, people we support and their families and members of the public.
The opportunity for a rewarding career in the Community Sector working for a not-for-profit organisation.
- Salary packaging benefits
- Annual leave air fares
YOU WILL NEED:
- A valid Driver's Licence
- A Working with Children Check or be willing to obtain one
- A Police Certificate or be willing to obtain one