We are searching for a permanent Full Time Registered Nurse Trainer in Townsville.
Cootharinga North Queensland is an experienced provider of services and supports to people living with disability. We are strong supporters of the communities we work within and we seek to employ passionate and proactive people that align with our values. This is your chance to be part of one of the largest North Queensland based providers who has almost 70 years of experience.
About the Role
To provide health care training and health education to service delivery teams in order to optimise the provision of health care and lifestyle supports to people with disabilities and complex health care needs, who reside in the community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review, develop and deliver training to provide theoretical and competency based training appropriate for Support Worker in line with Cootharinga North QLD policy and procedures. To include (but not limited to) manual handling, medication administration, assisting with PEGs, bowel health and enema, epilepsy and emergency midazolam,
- Provide clinical advice, resources, information and expertise to individuals and their Support Workers.
- Work collaboratively with the Workforce Development Officer in the design and delivery of training via face to face and online delivery modules.
- Ensure current health practices are promoted during training and are in line with Cootharinga North Queensland policy and procedures and within professional guidelines.
- Undertake and maintain competency based reviews on site at work locations to ensure theoretical training is undertaken satisfactorily in practice.
- Actively participate in the orientation and induction of new frontline staff.
- Conduct a training needs analysis and facilitate the appropriate training sessions for all frontline staff on topics pertinent to each regions’ customer profiles and maintaining evidence of this.
- Provide assistance and support to the Health Liaison Officer to develop, coordinate and review individual health care plans for people with complex disabilities and health care needs in consultation with the individual, their medical specialist and other relevant health care professionals.
- Where directed, liaise with hospital discharge teams, Nurse Navigators, Allied Health Professionals, Coordinators, and Support Workers to ensure safe transition through significant health care change.
- Provide guidance on ensuring clinical procedures/guidelines and support plans are reflective of current practice and can be accessed by clients, families, and Support Workers within the client’s home. Ensure staff are appropriately trained in current practices to support the
- Evidence of AHPRA registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Current ‘C’ class driver’s licence.
- Current Yellow (Disability) and Blue Cards (Working with Children), or the ability to obtain these and any other necessary licensing and checks prior to commencement.
- Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of training packages related to the provision of health care and/or disability support.
- Experience facilitating training sessions to groups in health related subjects, such as Manual Handling, Medication, Epilepsy, PEG, bowel health ETC.
- Previous clinical experience in a variety of the training subjects.
- Demonstrated ability to use effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills in clearly articulating health care promotion and intervention to Clients, Families, Direct Support
Workers and associated Health Care professionals.
- Commitment to work within scope of practice and hold appropriate qualification and currency of practice.
- Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Click Apply Now for a position description and to apply.
For more information contact Jody Goldring, General Manager Human Resources on (07) 4759 2028 or by email at email@example.com, using the subject line: Registered Nurse Trainer - Townsville enquiry via EthicalJobs. All enquiries will remain confidential.
Cootharinga is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability experience to apply. Cootharinga North Queensland support the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability.
Permanent Full Time Position - 38 hrs per week each
Promotes work/life balance with no on-call
Salary packaging tax benefit options ($15,900/yr and $2,600/yr)