Connect2Employment is a not for profit division of Connect2Group based across the Brisbane South Region Employment Services Area. With its head office based in Cleveland Connect2Employment delivers NDIS School Leavers Employment Support (SLES) and ‘Finding and Keeping a Job’ and delivers employment and support opportunities for DES ESS through a Specialist Contract helping individuals with Intellectual and/or Learning Disabilities find independence through employment in the community.
About the role
Connect2Employment is searching for a permanent full time Employment Consultant for its Employment Division who will be based across the Brisbane South Region and reporting to the Employment Services Team Leader. Travel to external locations will be required.
As an Employment Consultant for Connect2Group you will be responsible to provide individualised support and assistance to people with disability (primarily intellectual and learning) obtain and maintain sustainable open employment that is unique to their interests and values within an appropriate time frame. This position involves:
- Case Management of DES-ESS job seekers.
- Creating employment opportunities through reverse marketing of jobseekers to employers.
- Achieving individual placement targets and KPIs.
- Providing onsite training and support to jobseekers during the initial stages of employment thus maximising integration and long-term employment.
- Addressing client barriers to obtaining employment including transport, lack of work experience, literacy and numeracy.
- Ensuring compliance with all documentation in line with DES-ESS guidelines and requirements.
- Delivering School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) and Finding and Keeping a Job under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Skills and Experience
- An understanding of DES-ESS and experience within a similar role will be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of the NDIS in particular delivering School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- High level of organisation and time management skills.
- Reverse marketing and cold calling skills
- Case management experience.
- Proven ability in achieving targets and KPIs
- A current First Aid and CPR Certificate (or ability to obtain)
- A valid C class Driving Licence.
- Current Blue and Yellow Cards (or ability to obtain).
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate (or ability to obtain).
Benefits of Working with Connect2Group
- Salary sacrifice options available to the not for profit sector.
- Competitive Salary.
- Mobile phone provided.
- Work laptop provided.
- Access to a fully maintained vehicle during work hours.
- Opportunity to work for an organisation with an experienced team of professionals.
- Positive work culture.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience.
Please note Connect2Group reserves the right to commence and finalise the recruitment process prior to the closing date so it is imperative you get your application in immediately. Only those applicants short listed for interview will be contacted.