Climate Council is Australia’s leading climate change communications organisation. We provide authoritative, expert advice to the public on climate change, energy solutions and international action, based on the most up-to-date science available.
We’re made up of some of the country’s leading climate scientists, energy, health and policy experts, as well as a dedicated team of staff, and a huge community of volunteers and supporters. As an independent voice on climate change, we get climate stories into the media, produce hard-hitting reports, call out misinformation and support Australia’s shift to a prosperous, renewable-powered economy.
The Climate Council was founded in 2013 by tens of thousands of supporters, in what was Australia’s largest ever crowd-funding campaign, to create a new, independent and 100% community-funded organisation in response to the abolition of the Australian Climate Commission.
This is your chance to make an impact contributing to climate action. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in content creation, strategy and analytics while working on a cause you care about.
This role is perfect for someone who loves their work to be driven both by data and creativity, and understands how to write for both people and search engines.
- Location: Sydney or Melbourne preferred – please note that our team is currently working remotely due to COVID-19.
- Type: 1 Year contract, 2.5 days per week
- Remuneration: Full time equivalent $65,000 pro-rata plus super
- Writing compelling, SEO-friendly content for the Climate Council and associated websites
- Creating and implementing SEO strategy and guidelines
- Undertaking keyword research and optimising copy to drive organic website traffic
- Implementing keyword strategy to increase search engine ranking
- Capable of benchmarking SEO and reviewing and reporting on content performance
- Looking for new opportunities to grow our supporter base through targeted and specific web content
- Developing creative and strategic ideas for web content
- Developing engaging journeys for supporters on the Climate Council website
- Analysing and reporting on web traffic and SEO
- Designing graphics for use in web content
- Writing compelling copy for social media
- Staying across emerging trends in digital and web content.
- Staying on top of climate and renewable energy news
- Working with the Communications and Digital teams to implement organisational strategy
- You have excellent written communications skills and love being creative
- You have experience with Content Management Systems such as WordPress
- You have experience managing SEO for a website
- You have experience using Google Analytics and Google Search Console You understand how words and images empower people to take action and are passionate about creating change
- You understand the value of making sure the right content is seen by the right audiences
- You understand the importance of making data-driven decisions
- You’re passionate about taking action on climate change and enjoy thinking creatively about how this affects people in their day-to-day lives
- Experience with Adobe Suite
- Experience in science communication
Additional Benefits include:
- Excellent learning and development opportunities both internally and externally
- Programs for time off in lieu and flexible working arrangements
- A strong work culture which is results focused but also vibrant, supportive, fun and nimble
How to Apply To apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter of no more than 250 words outlining your relevant experience via the link below.
If you have any questions regarding the position please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: SEO Copywriter - Sydney / Melbourne enquiry via EthicalJobs.