Cirque du Soil is a hyper local circular food waste management system actively addressing the missing middle in waste diversion in Precincts and Multi-Unit Developments using a place based framework as an achievable solution to reducing our impact on the planet. Our mission is to reduce and divert organic food waste going to landfill from inner city Melbourne precincts, and process them locally into high nutrient biodiverse composted fertiliser, and returning it back to regenerate soil in our local communities.
We achieve this with a subscription based closed loop food waste diversion service, by removing barriers to composting and co-designing waste minimisation strategies with our community compost collective members, to establish urban food forest networks in our balconies, streets, parks and community gardens.
About the role
Cirque du Soil is seeking an articulate, intelligent and switched on marketing and campaign coordinator volunteer with a passion for storytelling, zerowaste, soil, composting and sustainability.
To assist with all stages of Cirque du Soil digital to street campaigns as we prepare to scale up, including drafting proposals, preparing presentations and researching consumer trends to identify marketing and engagement needs. If you also have a portfolio of projects that includes work with setting up EDMS, social media or web applications, particularly with copywriting or video content, we’d like to meet you. Bonus if you’re also comfortable in front of a camera, and becoming one of the faces of a growing brand.
What do we want?
We're looking for good humans wanting to be proactive about doing something about the climate crisis, who are great at storytelling, gun content creators and most importantly confident and happy individuals.
- We want people that are creative, authentic, passionate, confident, energetic and outgoing!
- Can tell a story, communicate and deliver key messaging about growing food from urban food waste, to incite behaviour change
- Passionate about creating new and exciting content for others
This opportunity involves stakeholder and campaign engagement, implementing your ideas online and in print, and will also allow you to contextualise your marketing knowledge into practical hands on experience in the sustainability/waste/food sector.
We base all of our work on relationships of trust, where you will be given agency to create, develop and actualise ideas that you think could change the world and make it a better place. Waste management is an enormous challenge, but also an opportunity to develop your skills and humanity in a rad social enterprise that is going places.
We believe in different, and changing the food waste dialogue in Melbourne. As a volunteer with Cirque du Soil, you'll be part of a team bringing a social and environmental impact project to life and into the hands of local communities.
What can you expect from a Cirque du Soil Volunteership?
- You'll be engaging directly with the local community. In order to ensure our ventures are providing genuine impact and solving real issues, we work closely with members of the local community to remove challenges and barriers to composting, codesign waste minimisation strategies, and distributing the environmentally beneficial products and services.
- Every day is different. Depending on what stage our venture is at during your volunteership, you could be doing completely different activities each day. You may be surveying a local business owner one day, or meeting with a CEO the next. It's definitely not your traditional start-up internship/volunteership.
- You will be contributing towards achieving a sustainable impact. Whilst you won't necessarily be creating social change every day, you'll be part of developing a product or service that is needed, sustainable and scalable so that it can be rolled out to community members of the community compost collective.
- It will be challenging. Building a start-up has its fair share of challenges, and when you're working with limited resources these are magnified…but that's what makes the wins and subsequent social impact all that much sweeter in the end!
- You'll be building knowledge gaining experiences that are about ethical business and social enterprise. Imagine being able to say yes to having experience in sustainability in the start-up space, community engagement, cross-cultural communication, social enterprise, lean business principles, and design thinking methodologies.
- You will gain priority preference to future paid job opportunities.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Copywriting - Ability to write concisely, a quick wit with creative flair, humour and tongue in cheek is essential
- Communication - You are a confident communicator and outgoing with a can do attitude.
- Team Player; you are a great team player, able to collaborate with various stakeholders and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Desire to gain work experience in marketing /communication design or to develop your entrepreneurial skills.
- Knowledge of EDM, Mailchimp, Social Media (Insta,FB,Linkedin) and Online campaigning tools.
- Some basic Graphic design knowledge and experience in Canva preferred ie layouts and setups
- Work Experience: Entry level or Experienced - more importantly the right mindset that prioritizes personal growth and learning above all.
A position description is attached.