- Work from home 2 days per week
- Grow and build ChildFund Australia's bequest program
- Based in Surry Hills, Sydney
ChildFund Australia is an independent international development organisation that works to reduce poverty for children in developing communities. We partner to create community and systems change which enables vulnerable children and young people, in all their diversity, to assert and realise their rights.
Our vision is a world without poverty where all children and young people can say: “I am safe. I am educated. I contribute. I have a future.”
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Bequest Executive you drive the development and growth of the ChildFund Australia’s Philanthropy program with a focus on bequests. You identify, research and cultivate existing and potential bequest prospects through extensive use of the supporter database and by engaging individuals and key partners. You will also work closely with other members of the Marketing team supporting events, applying for trusts and foundations & engaging major donors in a varied role.
- Plan and implement annual operational plan for Bequests to meet budget;
- Manage existing trusts and foundations to ensure income targets are met;
- Managing major donors and engaging prospects in relationships;
- Working with the broader marketing team to support events and other activities as needed;
- Manage relationships and the communications cycle with Bequest prospects, maintaining their commitment into the future through personal visits, letters, phone calls, cards and special events as well as direct mail, advertising, online, events, telephone and personal solicitation activities;
- Liaise with solicitors as required to enable settling of an estate;
- Represent ChildFund Australia on initiatives to promote the concept of bequests to the Australian public;
- Manage a pipeline of confirmed and potential Bequestors through a strategic stewardship program;
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven relationship management experience with bequests, high net worth individuals, foundations and corporate entities;
- Knowledge of the Australian philanthropic environment;
- Ability to write compelling proposals and inspiring feedback reports, create a persuasive case for support and ‘make the ask’ in writing, in person or on the telephone.
Please view the full position description attached.