CFMEU Construction & General Division Victorian/Tasmanian Branch is seeking to employ a Legal Assistant/Paralegal on a full time basis.
The successful candidate will work with a hard-hitting team of dedicated lawyers/industrial officers committed to the values and principles of unionism, and advancing the cause of the CFMEU and its members.
Qualifications and experience:
- Desirable tertiary qualification (e.g. Cert IV Legal Services or equivalent; Bachelor degree)
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Adobe and related programs
Responsible for providing quality assistance to the CFMEU’s in-house team of lawyers/industrial officers including:
- Reception duties – intake of enquiries to legal department both in person and by phone/email and assisting with case triage;
- Assisting lawyers/industrial officers with all aspects of case preparation, management and appearances in industrial tribunals and courts;
- Preparation of legal documents including Fair Work Commission and court forms for review and settling by lawyers/industrial officers;
- Compiling complex court and appeal books, photocopying and managing large documents and volumes of documents with excellent attention to detail;
- Complex document management and filing/e-filing. Photocopying and managing large documents and volumes of documents with excellent attention to detail;
- Liaising with Fair Work Commission, court and regulatory authority administrative officers;
- Interacting and liaising with other unions.