Centacare Family and Relationship Services (CFRS) is a non-profit community organisation that supports the strengthening of family and community relationships, particularly where there is vulnerability and disadvantage. Our services are available to the entire community regardless of religion, circumstance, ethnicity, economic situation, age, gender or ability.
We strive to deliver professional and accountable services whilst empowering our clients to find solutions and achieve their goals.
Centacare Family & Relationship Services is seeking to appoint a full time Senior Practitioner at the Centacare Domestic & Family Violence Mobile Support Service (DFVMSS) on the Gold Coast.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Practitioner who will assist in the provision of high quality, professional and accountable Domestic & Family Violence Mobile Support Services. The role will offer opportunities to support and work with diverse families and complex needs. There will be opportunities to participate in consultative and collaborative strategies with other practitioners.
- Have highly effective have communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and integrity in working with clients, colleagues, and community stakeholders
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Have the ability to work as a flexible and cooperative team member
- Be highly organised
- Be required to be available for some after-hours
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Social or Behavioural Sciences, from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Eligibility for membership of APS, AASW, or similar recognised professional association.
- Experience in working with families from diverse backgrounds, and with multiple complex needs including domestic and family violence, housing, drug and alcohol, mental health issues.
- Capacity and skills to effectively and sensitively engage with families in a home and/or outreach context.
- A minimum of 5 years’ front line practice and a minimum of 2 years’ experience at a senior level in the community service sector.
- Extensive knowledge of Domestic Violence Legislation, Child Safety Legislation and the Family Law Act.
- Have a current driver’s licence
- Have a current Blue Card – or be eligible to apply
- Agree (if offered employment), that Centacare can conduct an Australian Federal Police Criminal History Check
- Agree to sign a statutory declaration stating you have no overseas criminal offences
- Have Australian Work Rights – Australian citizenship/Visa documentary evidence is to be provided at interview (please contact us for detail if needed)
This position is a full-time working 38 hours per week with an on-call component. The minimum remuneration package is Social Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award Level 6.
Commencement on Level 6.1 (salary classification pending qualifications and experience) plus 9.50% superannuation and 17.5% annual leave loading.