The Senior Advisor's responsibilities include supporting the development and application of systems, organisational policies and approaches that ensure program quality and impact at the organisational, partner and community level. The role supports identification and implementation of innovative approaches to MEL and a culture of continuous improvement and learning within programs. The advisor will work in ways that are participatory and gender sensitive in the context of a localisation approach.
- Building on CARE International and CARE Australia frameworks, lead the development of a MEL system appropriate for IPO program priorities and CA’s strategic intent.
- Develop effective systems to measure impact of CA’s work at a program/portfolio level.
- Building on the Project and Program Information and Impact Reporting System and Advocacy and Influencing Impact Reporting tools, develop further CA’s systems and mechanisms for collection and analysis of performance information.
- Identify innovative MEL approaches to capturing impact and drive continuous improvement in program learning.
- Drive participatory/feminist/locally led approaches to MEL in systems and culture Support the provision of MEL advice and capacity development support to CARE Australia, CO and partner program staff in core programming areas.
- Provide reporting to senior management on program quality, performance and impact.
- Contribute to the development of CA policy / strategy in relevant areas (Gender, Climate Change Evaluation, Research, Advocacy).
- Actively contribute to organisation-wide quality improvement and strategic development as a member of the CA Senior Leadership Group.
NB: This role can be performed in either Melbourne or Canberra.
An information pack is attached.