Candella is a growing community mental health organisation.
We are looking for a People and Capability Manager with experience in
- People and capability planning and strategy
- Effective and agile performance management frameworks
- Management coaching
- Culture and communication leadership
As a People and Capability Manager, you will
- Build a strong people management foundation and engineer processes from scratch
- Provide direction on and implement our people and capability strategy
- Coach and support our managers in all areas related to people and capability
- Drive Candella’s culture and organisation-wide communication
- Committed to continuous improvement through processes, empowerment and management;
- Motivated by personal responsibility and a willingness to be available and accountable when things get tough;
- Committed to providing organisation-wide systems for people management and processes in order to reduce variances in our processes;
- Able to defuse difficult and high-tension situations with diplomacy and tact;
- Committed to providing the highest quality services while meeting the needs and requirements of internal and external customers;
- Willing to accept a certain amount of start-up chaos and be open to suggestions and experimentation;
- Able to create a learning environment that leads to the most efficient and effective work processes;
- Relating well to people of all types, forming strong and appropriate relationships;
- Understands personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits;
- Capable of working productively both independently and in groups, advocating for an idea or position in either setting;
- Seeks feedback and continuous improvement, learning from mistakes and being open to criticism with a non-defensive attitude;
- Is open to discussing shortcomings and participating in balanced performance reviews and career discussions.
We believe that diversity can make for a more capable and effective organisation and strive to work towards being an inclusive organisation.
As such, we encourage applications from people from all cultural and ethnic backgrounds, faiths, gender identities, sexualities and abilities. We also value those people who have unique lived experience of mental illness and recovery.
Please refer to the attached position description for more details.
Candella Ltd is a not-for-profit organisation providing recovery-oriented mental health services within the National Disability Insurance Scheme. Candella launched in October 2018 and has since grown to almost 200 employees providing services to more than 900 people in Melbourne. This year we are expanding into Sydney and we intend to make our services widely available throughout Australia in the coming years.
Our aim is for our services to make a positive contribution to the lives of as many people as possible. We believe that people can thrive when given effective support and opportunities.
If you have questions about the position, contact Yvonne Steimle (email@example.com), using the subject line: People and Capability Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We look forward to hearing from you.
A position description is attached.