- Enjoy a 35-hour working week
- Fully maintained leaseback vehicle
- Flexibility through leave provisions
- Close to shops and amenities
- Professional career development opportunities
- Health program including free flu vaccinations, skin checks, and health and wellbeing leave options
- Ample free parking
- Salary: $1,646.49 - 1,886.32 pw + Super + Leaseback Vehicle
- Location: Oran Park Administration Building - 70 Central Avenue, Oran Park 2570
About the opportunity
Come join an organisation with endless opportunities, where people choose to work because they are inspired by the chance to shape, influence and grow a community.
Right now, we have an exciting opportunity at Camden Council. We are seeking a suitably qualified person who is a customer focused team player with high quality work ethics and integrity to join our motivated Compliance team.
This role will see you investigate and regulate under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, other relevant Acts, Regulations and Policies in order to protect and enhance the environment of Camden and the health and safety of its community. One of your key challenges will be providing practical and innovative solutions to complex environmental, regulatory and compliance matters, ensuring outcomes that are responsive to our community’s needs.
Don’t miss out on being part of something great by joining an evolving, rapidly growing, adaptive and innovative organisation.
- Qualification in a related discipline and/or relevant previous experience in Development Control, Building Surveying, land use planning, or Local Government Investigations.
- Broad understanding of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, and other relevant Planning and Environmental legislation, including State Environmental Planning Policies.
- Sound understanding of the Swimming Pools Act, and Local Government Act.
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability to assess, investigate and take action regarding land use activities, and unauthorised building works in accordance with the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Development Consents, and State Policies.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including well-developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in the Legal / Court processes as they relate to compliance functions.
- Class C driver's licence.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO), Work Health & Safety (WHS) and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times.
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline (e.g. Building Surveying, Planning or Environmental Management).
- Experience or qualifications in the inspection, assessment and certification of Swimming Pool Barriers.
- Broad understanding of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997
- Experience in the preparation of documentation for, and presentation of evidence in, Court proceedings relating to development compliance matters.
To meet Council’s WHS requirements and in accordance with Council’s Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication. If a medical contraindication certificate is provided, it will be assessed against a risk assessment and the decision of whether Council accepts the medical contraindication certificate, will be based on operational needs.
Bradley Collits, Team Leader Development Compliance on 4654 7741.
A position description is attached.