- Part time position 0.6 to 0.8 FTE negotiable
- Location: Toowong
BUSHkids is a non-Government, not-for-profit organisation which works within local communities to support the development of children by increasing community capacity through education, prevention and early intervention programs.
Children’s Allied Health Services are delivered at regional Centres based in Bundaberg, Dalby, Emerald, Mount Isa and Warwick, with satellite sites delivering Children and Parenting Support Services in Inglewood, Stanthorpe, Kingaroy/Nanango and Agnes Waters/Miriam Vale.
The BUSHkids NDIS Early Start Team are responsible for delivering Early Childhood Early Intervention Services (ECEI) on behalf of the NDIS in Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Gladstone and Emerald under the Partners in the Community Program.
As a result of new NDIS contracts recently awarded to BUSHkids to deliver regional ECEI services, new sites have been established in Maryborough, which will service Fraser Coast, North and South Burnett, Kingaroy and Cherbourg, and Maroochydore, which will service Gympie.
Regional activities are coordinated by a team of support staff located in the BUSHkids offices based in Toowong, Brisbane.
To support children’s health, developmental, educational and social and emotional wellbeing through equitable and accessible health services.
All Queensland children reach their potential regardless of where they live.
- Child-focused and family centred
The position offers high level administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer to ensure the organisation runs efficiently and effectively. Work requirements should be prioritised with a sense of urgency and dealt with in a professional manner whilst always maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Key Internal Relationships (as directed by the EA)
- Executive Assistant to the CEO (EA)
- Clinical Administration Coordinator
- BUSHkids Employees
External including stakeholders (as directed by the EA)
- Law Firms
- Insurance Brokers
- Government Departments
Key Accountabilities and Tasks
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide high level administrative support to the EA (in particular around legal matters).
- Assist with timely and effective communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain friendly and professional rapport with stakeholders.
- Draft documents for internal and external use, as requested by the EA.
- Support confidential and sensitive documentation and topics with appropriate discretion.
- Alert the EA to matters of urgency or those requiring immediate attention.
- Assist the EA with meeting requirements, including; setting agendas, thorough minute taking and setting action lists.
- Support logistics for BUSHkids Council meetings, workshops, team meetings and corporate events and functions.
- Assist the EA with BUSHkids Council meeting requirements including; documents, catering and room set up.
- Provide administrative support for the Annual General Meeting (AGM), including Council member nominations, draft agenda and general public notice.
- Assist with travel arrangements for staff, including flights, accommodation and car hire.
- Assist with general office and reception duties where required.
- Any other duties as directed by the EA
- Use good judgement in conveying information to relevant authorities
- Demonstrate well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Be well-presented, friendly and courteous
- Represent BUSHkids in a professional, confident and positive manner at all times
- Undertake all duties in a diligent manner, with honesty and integrity
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding BUSHkids’ sensitive information
- Have a vigilant attitude to accuracy and attention to detail
- Work cooperatively and independently
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise and organise
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional development and attend any necessary training sessions (in house and external) when required
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Interest in legal matters – research, support and liaise with law firms and insurance brokers
- Demonstrated excellent organisation skills including strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated high level written and spoken communication skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, including scheduling meetings, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent typing skills with ability for transcription, writing and word processing skills
- Multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks
- Blue Card – Queensland’s Working with Children Check OR Combined NDIS Worker Screening Clearance and Blue Card
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or certificate stating medical contraindication
- Current C Class Queensland Drivers Licence
The successful applicant will be required to provide certified copies of required documentation prior to formal offer of employment.
People with a disability or people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or CALD communities are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Applications received from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Applications will be shortlisted as received; early applications are encouraged.
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are shortlisted.
Proposed start date ASAP.
Enquiries can be made by phone to Melissa Barber, Executive Assistant to the CEO, 07 3518 7975 or email email@example.com using the subject line: Administration Support Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.