- Employer: The Bower Reuse and Repair Co-op
- Work Type/s: Permanent Part time - 20 hrs
- Accountability: Directly to the Operations and Communications Manager
- Award: Retail Award
- Sector: Not For Profit (NFP)
- Location: Sydney - Marrickville
The Bower is a not-for-profit environmental charity that assists the community by diverting waste from landfill through collections of preloved goods, second hand shops and workshops.
As Social Media and administration officer you will provide administrative assistance to the Communications and Marketing Manager and to the Operations Manager. Your tasks include posting stories and messages on our social media platforms and organising logistics for workshops.
Required tasks include
- Social Media postings
- Posting engaging stories on our Facebook and Instagram daily
- Responding to enquiries via our socials
- Logistics for on and off line workshop
- Rostering workshops in Humanitx
- Rostering facilitators
- Daily administration and communication with stakeholders
- Office administration
- Consignments stock taking
- Cash handling and Banking
- Manage office administration and filing system
- Ongoing maintenance of membership database
- CRM administration
- In general
- Assist sales staff if and when needed
- Other tasks as delegated by manager
Please respond to each of the following Necessary and Preferred criteria - considering your skills, knowledge and past experience if relevant.
We will also need your CV to complete your application.
- Managing online media platforms Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Updating website in WordPress
- Administrative and organisational skills
- Data entry on a variety of platforms
- Computer literacy including Filemaker Pro, and Xero.
- An ability to complete projects thoroughly and on time
- Ability to work unsupervised including prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Good problem solving and lateral thinking
- Good communication skills written and oral
- Experience in retail sector and maintaining stock control records
- Familiar with Excel and IT networks
- Photography & design skills
What The Bower Provides:
- Casual Part Time contract – 20 hours - with option to become full time
- Pay rates according to Retail award Lvl 1
- 20% staff discount on purchases of stock (excluding consignment)
- Access to Bower workshop & tools (pending completion of competency appraisal)
- Comprehensive Work Health & Safety policy to ensure safe working conditions
For more information Contact Operations Manager, Grace Turbott, via email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Social Media and Administration Junior Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs or via phone 02 9568 6280.
A position description is attached.