The Bower is a not-for-profit environmental Charity that assists the community by diverting waste from landfill through sales and repair of preowned goods, workshops & Collection and Rehoming Service agreements with 21 Councils.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the promotion of the Bower’s services and programs. You will develop and implement communications and marketing strategies. You will be part of a team with a strong collaborative culture that works at an accelerated pace. You will join the Bower at an exciting growth stage with lots of opportunities to influence the further development.
Required tasks include
- Development and implementation of an integrated marketing, brand and communication strategy involving traditional and digital media to promote Bower’s services and programs.
- Manage and supervise the production of high quality written and video content for a variety of platforms including Facebook, Instagram, website, blogs, flyers, newsletters, social and media sites.
- Define and develop best practice to promote organisational brand and values. Ensure consistent communication and gaining internal alignment across departments, programs and services.
- Maintain direct and effective communication with media, customers, supporters and members and evaluate the reach and impact of media activities through regular media monitoring,
- Support organisation spokespeople through the development of media messaging and briefing notes, and act as a media spokesperson when required.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy incorporating existing fundraising programs, digital marketing appeals, regular giving programs and corporate partnerships.
- Contribute to other organisational activities beyond the scope of the Communications and Marketing Manager role as required by the Manager
- Assisting in preparation for festival stalls, exhibits, etc, as appropriate
- Contribute to staff communication and meetings
Necessary Skills (should be addressed as Employment Criteria in applications):
We’re looking for a smart, creative, yet pragmatic thinker, who is passionate about social media to work on PR campaigns that help make a positive difference to the community.
- Excellent literacy skills including writing documents and online messaging
- Well versed in developing and implementing marketing, brand and communications strategies.
- Highly experienced and effective user of social media platforms
- Overseeing website management and creation of graphic elements and branding materials, including video and pictures, for use in online communication
- Confident liaising with customers, supporters, media and corporate partners.
- At least five years’ experience in the marketing and communications field.
- Ability to work unsupervised including manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Management of volunteers, freelancers and working with paid staff.
- Creative with small budgets and resourceful.
- Demonstrable commitment to a sustainable lifestyle and knowledge of reuse and repair industry
Additional Skills (not ‘essential’ but considered favourably):
- Experience in retail sector
- Experience with grant writing and fundraising programs
- Ability to assess value and volume of second-hand materials and products
What The Bower Provides:
- Part Time – 3 Days/week with option to become Full Time - subject to 3-month review
- 20% staff discount on purchases of stock
- Access to Bower workshop & tools (pending completion of competency appraisal)
- Comprehensive Work Health & Safety policy to ensure safe working conditions
- Thorough induction to The Bower & processes involved in working here
- Opportunity to influence the growth of a ground breaking organisation
For more information Contact Co-operative manager, Guido Verbist, via email email@example.com or via phone 02 9568 6280 or 0459 999 110.