Bower Reuse & Repair Centres
The Bower is a not-for-profit environmental Charity that assists communities by diverting waste from landfill through collection of second-hand goods, second hand shops and workshops.
We cover the entire Sydney Metropolitan Area and have premises in Parramatta, Marrickville, Redfern and Zetland. Your main tasks as truck driver is the delivery and collection of goods and assessing the quality of donated goods.
- Responsible for collection and delivery of goods with the truck.
- Responsible for truck, routine vehicle maintenance and reporting of repairs and servicing.
- Responsible for loading and unloading of truck and safe handling of goods.
- Assessing the quality of donated goods in consultation with CRS Operator
- Assist in stock placement and display on floor.
- Act as a responsible driver on the road
- Manage and supervise truck offsiders
- Document driving procedure and systems as necessary.
- Participating in ongoing implementation of work, health and safety standards.
- Other tasks as delegated by CRS Operator
WHAT THE BOWER PROVIDES:
- Part time position 10 to 20 hours
- Pay rates according to Road Transport and Distribution award MA0000038 - Level 3
- 20% staff discount on purchases of stock (excluding consignment).
- Access to Bower workshop & tools (pending completion of competency appraisal).
- Comprehensive Work Health & Safety (WH&S) policy to ensure safe working conditions.
- Thorough induction to The Bower & processes involved in working here.
NECESSARY SKILLS - Selection Criteria:
- Current (C) Car License or willing to obtain one.
- Basic vehicular mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of safe work practices especially in manual handling and securing of cargo
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups; including truck offsiders and customers
- Ability to work unsupervised (including punctuality and reliability).
- Physical fitness (no impediment to lifting and moving stock over 15kg on uneven ground)
- Good knowledge of Sydney Metropolitan Area.
- Concern for waste avoidance issues.
For more information Contact Programs Manager, Louise Grace, via email email@example.com using the subject line: Truck Driver enquiry via EthicalJobs or via phone 02 9568 6280.