We are looking for a budding change-maker; someone who can hit the ground running and play a pivotal role in the organising and implementation of our campaigns to defend and protect takayna / Tarkine.
The successful applicant will be involved in organising campaigns with a small but experienced campaign team in a nimble, impact-focused organisation.
You will assist the Campaign Manager to ensure the smooth running of projects, respond to external opportunities and help our campaign team ignite the community to act together to take Action for Earth.
You are highly motivated, hard-working and passionate about empowering volunteers to play an active role in our campaigns.
This is a full-time position working in our Hobart office on an initial 12-month contract.
- Assist the Campaign Manager to implement Bob Brown Foundation campaigns
- Facilitate a successful series of annual campaign events and strategic actions
- Tarkine in Motion – facilitate field trips, exhibitions and projects with artists to maximise impact for the campaign to protect takayna / Tarkine
- Tarkine BioBlitz – event management and volunteer coordination for Tarkine BioBlitz, our citizen science project in November each year.
- Act as the event manager for our annual ultra-marathon, takayna Trail.
- Work on other Foundation campaigns including Protect Native Forests.
- Work closely with the Campaign Manager to develop and implement campaign strategies.
- Assist the Campaign Manager and Tarkine Campaigner with logistic support for campaign events and projects.
- Help produce campaign communications.
- Assist with organising high impact local actions that exert strategic pressure on campaign targets.
- Organise volunteer teams for Tasmanian and national campaign events.
- Maintain an active network of Tasmanian volunteers to deliver campaign tactics, through a combination of face to face gatherings and digital tools.
- Establish, support and train new volunteers and groups to achieve campaign outcomes.
- Travel as needed for campaign events in the field.
- Work cooperatively with other team members.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
- Experience in campaigning and event management.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to maintain tight deadlines.
- Willingness to assist with day to day campaign activities.
- Intention to use your skills for good, engaging and motivating the community to take Action for Earth.
- Experience in the environment movement.
- An understanding of campaign strategy and online tactics.
- Flexibility and openness to your role adapting over time to meet the needs of the organisation and the movement.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for taking action for the environment and a commitment to grassroots organising and to Bob Brown Foundation.
Key Position Outcomes
- Providing campaign organisation support to the Campaign Manager, allowing her to focus on other high-level campaign strategies and activities.
- Successfully overseeing the organisation of major campaign events including Tarkine in Motion, BioBlitz and takayna Trail.
- Organising strategic and effective campaign events and actions.
- Developing and maintaining volunteer networks that support the activities of the campaign team.
Enquiries to Jenny Weber on 03 6294 0620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Campaign Organiser enquiry via EthicalJobs.