- Join market leader in Industrial and Safety products
- Great career development opportunity for an ambitious person
- Excellent team environment and supportive management
- Based in either Scoresby VIC, Greystanes NSW or Macquarie park NSW location
Due to exciting growth, we have a role for an experienced and dynamic Ethical Sourcing Coordinator to join our team!
In this hands-on role, you will be part of a dynamic team that is responsible for driving ethical sourcing initiatives to safeguard and protect the wellbeing of workers and the communities in which we operate. You will be responsible for the implementation, governance and continual improvement of the human rights, and ethical sourcing strategy and framework. Partnering with internal team, suppliers, manufacturers, and third-party audit providers to ensure compliance with Blackwoods Ethical Sourcing Policy and Framework ensuring at a minimum, supply partners meet the legal requirements of the country they operate, and all safety, labour, ethical and environmental requirements as specified by the business and customers.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Develop and drive ethical sourcing and human rights project initiatives to support the ethical sourcing strategy and identify positive engagement opportunities
- Manage the ethical sourcing program framework, identify and implement changes to ensure the framework is effective, efficient and delivers due diligence
- Prioritise and manage supplier onboarding including supply chain transparency, risk assessment and social compliance audits
- Manage post audit remediation and corrective action plans consistent with risks and issues identified in the audit
- Engage with the internal and external stakeholders to build relationships and promote Blackwoods ethical sourcing practices
- Manage local and overseas supplier relationships to meet key program requirements
- Reporting and trend analysis
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- 2-3 years experience in Ethical Sourcing/ Responsible Sourcing/ Sustainability in sourcing, retail and/or manufacturing industry role
- Demonstrated understanding of risk identification, mitigation, solution finding and technical competence
- Strong research skills and ability to interpret standards and regulations
- Project management and execution skills through proven continuous improvement initiatives (Initiative, process, policy)
- Demonstrated reporting and analysis
- Added benefit if knowledgeable across Responsible Sourcing such as FSC, BCI, EESS and Sedex or Social Auditing tools
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Job security with a proud Australian company
- Competitive salary package
- The opportunity to participate in the Wesfarmers Share Plan
- Join an inclusive and diverse workforce
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Fantastic flex work opportunities
- Up to 4-week Purchase leave option
- Novated lease opportunity
- Team member discounts on company products
- Access to discounted offers from over 300 corporate partners
- Ongoing career development and training
- Employee recognition programs
- Work in a fun and supportive team
As part of the Wesfarmers Industrial and Safety group, Blackwoods is Australia’s leading supplier of industrial and safety products with over 140 years’ experience delivering end-to-end specialist solutions across a multitude of industry segments. We believe in providing outstanding service to our customers through our passionate teams, on time delivery and quality products.
This is an excellent opportunity for highly motivated individuals with the experience and aspiration to work in an industry-leading and dynamic environment. Are you ready to start your career with an Industry leader? APPLY NOW!
Blackwoods promotes and adheres to the policies and practices of diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.