Anglicare’s Food and Financial Assistance (FFA) program supports people experiencing financial hardship with food, material aid, short-term casework, budgeting skills, Financial Counselling and No-Interest Loans. We work closely with our clients and local communities to help people in immediate crisis and support them to access other supports they may need.
- Are you highly motivated and effective in building, leading and growing a team?
- Are you passionate about serving the community through food and financial assistance?
- This is a rewarding permanent full-time opportunity based in Western Sydney (Mt Druitt and Penrith)
About the Role:
Anglicare has an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager to join our FFA team. This role is all about building and supporting the Western Sydney FFA team in their essential work supporting vulnerable people in financial hardship. It involves overseeing the day-to-day operations of the team and working with our FFA Leadership Team to keep refining our culture, strategy and practice.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide professional, capable and effective leadership to your team, fostering a strong and unified culture in line with Anglicare’s values.
- Select and develop capable, mission-aligned staff, oversee their day-to-day work and ensure they are well supported.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of FFA service design to ensure we meet the needs of our clients and lead your team to grow and adjust their practice accordingly.
- Ensure program meets organisational, legislative and funding body requirements by overseeing client service delivery and contributing to program evaluation, including client feedback.
- Support challenging clients alongside staff and address any complaints or concerns from clients or staff promptly, fairly and clearly.
- Develop positive working relationships with the local community, including partner churches and other agencies, collaborating closely to maximise outcomes for clients and community.
- Ensure appropriate administrative and data collection systems are followed to meet organisational, legislative and government requirements.
- Develop budgets in consultation with Head of Practice and monitor expenditure to ensure program achieves maximum impact within budget.
- Work closely with FFA Leadership Team to support one another and contribute to collective oversight and development of FFA operations, service model and consistency between teams.
- Ensure FFA works closely with other programs in your region so clients can easily access the full range of Anglicare services they need.
- Tertiary qualification applicable to role - Degree in Social Work, Community Services, Management or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in a management or leadership role, successfully supporting a team to develop a positive culture and deliver outcomes.
- Substantial experience working in social/community services, community development and/or supporting people experiencing financial hardship.
- Excellent people skills – ability to connect with, understand and interact positively with colleagues, clients and community.
- A driven, hardworking, flexible and proactive attitude to work.
- Genuine compassion for people in need and an ability to understand their unique stories.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including ability to lead effective meetings and prepare reports.
- Able and willing to work from multiple locations – this role is primarily based in FFA office locations and in community, with scope for a small amount of remote/flexible work around operational needs.
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence, and reliable vehicle.
- Valid Working with Children Check for paid employment.
Why Join Anglicare?
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services. We are motivated to transform the lives of our community with compassion!
Excellent remuneration package and company benefits! NFP salary packaging benefits - reducing your taxable income by $15,900 plus an additional $2,650 for salary packaging accommodation, meals and entertainment. A staff rewards program that gives you discounts from over 400 retailers. Fitness Passport.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; closing date is subject to change without notice.