Beyond Blue’s vision is for all people in Australia to achieve their best possible mental health.
Our mission is to work with the community to improve mental health and prevent suicide.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing
- Being a trusted source of information, advice and support
- Working together to prevent suicide.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with Beyond Blue's values, which are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
To support Beyond Blue in identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities to enable optimal services to be delivered. The Process Improvement Lead is the driving force for managing improvement initiatives to deliver overall benefits to the business and our communities. The role of the Process Improvement Lead will be to use their demonstrated change management experience, Lean Six Sigma (or similar) and project management methodologies to influence and implement such changes across a variety of processes.
The Process Improvement Lead will be required to champion and deploy business and process improvement methodologies and toolsets to build capability through knowledge-sharing and coaching.
- Lead process improvement initiatives to deliver efficiency and effectiveness benefits for the business and our communities
- Present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and decision makers with confidence
- Challenge stakeholders to maximise opportunities from process improvement initiatives
- Develop and promote a continuous improvement culture across the business
- Champion the need and benefit by utilising a structured approach to process improvement
- Identify process improvement opportunities and manage improvement requests from the business
- Coach and support the business in the use of process improvement methodologies and tools
- Document and monitor business processes, metrics and standard operating procedures as a result of improvement initiatives
- Deliver process improvement and implementation training and coaching to staff when required
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify, train and maintain a community of practice for Process Improvement
- Enable, inspire and drive local Process improvements with methods such as PDAC which local teams can run with within guardrail
- Promote workplace safety, equity and diversity in the workplace and act in accordance with Beyond Blues’ values and behaviours.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or another related field.
- Lean six sigma black belt (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in managing general business improvement project initiatives via Agile & Lean approaches, including people, process and technology implementations, with a proven track record of successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience using leading change methodologies and processes (e.g. Lean/Six Sigma, PMP, ISO, TQM, Prince 2 or similar). Candidates without formal change methodology training, but with significant and demonstrated results in change management are encouraged to apply
- Proven leadership experience across multifunctional projects and business units
- High level of computer literacy and experience of tools such as Visio for documenting business processes
- It is desired that the successful applicant will hold a formal Business Improvement, Project Management, of Business methodology accreditation e.g. Lean/Six Sigma MBB/Black/Green Belt etc.
- Proven ability to manage complex and large, improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of and experience with project management methodologies and tools including hybrid, Waterfall and Agile approaches
- Demonstrated ability to prepare a variety of documentation types to a high standard including briefing notes, correspondence and reports with a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to conceptually analyse and synthesise information
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills including ability to proactively resolve conflict or issues. This includes internal and external stakeholder needs assessment, facilitation, meeting quality standards for services, evaluation of stakeholder satisfaction, and the ability to build and maintain working relationships
- Experience in process top models and working with and supporting E2E process owners
- Must be highly organised and capable of organising activities, managing competing priorities, managing to a budget and remaining calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal skills with experience writing reports for Board and Audit Committees
- Flexible, can do attitude – must be flexible, easy going with a proactive "can do" attitude.
- Experience in a similar industry sector – i.e. NFP, public sector, etc
- Prior experience with process design, documentation and analysis.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applicants are encouraged to view the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022.
To apply, please click the 'Apply' button below. Applications should include a current CV with a cover letter that addresses why you would consider yourself to be a cultural addition to Beyond Blue and how your skills and experience would be attributes to the position. For detailed information about this position including the closing date, please refer to the position description.
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a National Police Check and where required a Working With Children Check.
NOTE: Short-listing of candidates will commence prior to the closure of this role, so please do not delay submitting your application.