Beyond Blue’s vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to work with the community to improve mental health and prevent suicide. We aim to achieve this by:
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing
- Being a trusted source of information, advice and support
- Working together to prevent suicide
Beyond Blue’s values are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
The Insights & Innovation Centre of Excellence (CoE) has been established to support Beyond Blue in its transformation to becoming more community centric. The CoE supports the Lines of Business to achieve their strategy with frameworks and tools to incubate and accelerate best-in-class products & services for the community, through agile and iterative design and its trial, through to launch and scale.
The purpose of the Insights & HCD Lead role is to drive the CoE’s efforts in engaging deeply with the community — building the benchmarks for community experience at Beyond Blue. Gathering insights, identifying moments that matter and translating these insights into future state experiences will be a key part of the role, alongside helping the organisation align on how to understand and measure community experience. This involves using deep community insights (quantitative and qualitative), human-centred design approaches and a systems lens to improve the individual and community's experiences with Beyond Blue, in a way that is measurable and outcomes-focused.
Human-centred design (HCD) leadership
- Support development of a long-term Community Experience strategy, vision, guiding principles and outcomes measurement, including the development of a three-year Big Blue Door Community Experience Strategy, Service Blueprint and Roadmap.
- Implement and operationalise the Strategy by delivering to key milestones and outcomes to optimise community experience and improve mental health outcomes.
- Define the community experience around the different engagement channels (incl. segmentation of community groups).
- Continuously develop and enhance community engagement experiences via insights, and design tools and artefacts such as personas, journey maps and moments that matter, alongside monitoring experience and engagement (including face-to-face engagement). This will include overseeing the development and implementation of a Voice of Community program in partnership with the Data & Insights Unit, supporting business units to action and respond to feedback and community needs.
- Work with the CoE Mental Health Consultant, Clinical Governance team and Research, Evaluation & Learning Unit to underpin service and experience design with clinical safety, research, evidence and user insights.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Community Experience Blueprint.
- Creating implementable solutions that guide community journey and experience satisfaction, partnering across the organisation to do so.
- Lead the collaboration with the change management and diversity and inclusion teams to engage employees, educate and support business on Community Experience, Human-centred design and the role each business unit plays with respect to the community — creating connections for each business unit.
- Develop and implement, with support from other parts of the business, a Community - experience measurement and maturity framework that enables the CoE and broader organisation to measure and monitor community centricity and maturity.
- Foster the adoption of a community and person-centric culture across the organisation, supported by effective ways of working, policy and processes.
- Align data, design and technology efforts to pursue community needs and organisational objectives in a future-focused and holistic manner.
- Engagement with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead, manage and support Insights + HCD Specialist/s to grow their practice, and ensure engagement, achievement and development of a high performing team.
- Partner with CoE and broader lines of business with respect to skills and reach to embed HCD, continuous improvement and co-creation of experience, services and products directly with the community (internal and external) – in line with Community Experience vision and principles.
- Manage and report on Insights & HCD allocated budgets and forecasts.
- Degree in Digital, Experience Design/Service Design, Behavioural or Social Sciences or another relevant field.
- 5+years of professional experience in the development and implementation of strategic customer and community experience projects.
- Demonstrated applied experience or qualification in Human-centred Design/ service design. Impact measurement experience desirable.
- Experience engaging and designing with at-risk, underrepresented or marginalised cohorts is desirable.
Key selection criteria:
- Extensive experience in designing people-centred end-to-end services and products across all channels (including face-to-face), from strategy, research, innovation, blueprints, business design, outcomes measurement and benefits realisation.
- Comfortable working across qualitative and quantitative research methodologies; experience in the development and execution of diverse and context-specific ethnographic or design research. Highly developed skills in the application of digital engagement with customers and the community and a demonstrated ability to maintain a balance between community, business and technology.
- Demonstrated experience working at a senior level within an organisation with strong people and design leadership and engagement skills as well as experience in leading and facilitating cross-functional and multi-skilled projects and teams with exceptional communication, collaboration, stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing solutions that guide customer journey and customer experience satisfaction, by providing customer insight and the requisite mapping or blueprinting tools.
- Strong working knowledge of segmentation, personas/ journeys, service blueprints and design principles, including development and application.
- Highly developed analytical and conceptual skills including the ability to recognise emerging issues of importance and to prioritise.
- Excellent vendor management skills and ability to manage internal and external stakeholders in relation to the use of digital enablers.
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity.
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Miro, Jira and Confluence or similar. Adobe suite or other design tools desirable.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022 you can access our plan here: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/about-us/about-our-work/aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-people-program/our-reconciliation-action-plan
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a National Police Check and where required a Working With Children Check.
Short-listing of candidates will commence prior to the closure of this role, so please do not delay submitting your application.