- Full time ongoing role based in Geelong
Bethany Community Support has been in operation for over 150 years and has supported individuals within the community through a number of programs.
We have a broad range of programs which:
- Help build better relationships
- Support the education, wellbeing and safety of children
- Support women and children affected by family violence
- Assist men who use violence to become accountable for their behavior
- Provide disability services under the NDIS
- Assist people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Assist people experiencing financial stress and provide material aid
- Help those affected by problem gambling
- Support parents in their parenting role
About the role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Specialist Men’s Family Violence Practitioner – based at Bethany Men’s Family Violence Intervention Centre. The core purpose of this role is to provide preparation, coordination and facilitation of group work programs for men who perpetrate violence. Assessment, risk assessment, case management and secondary consults with male perpetrators is also part of the role. This is a full time, ongoing role that requires regular after hours work.
- Facilitate a minimum of 3 Group work programs per week for men who perpetrate violence.
- Assist with preparation, coordination and completion of group work programs.
- Provide group readiness sessions as appropriate for men who are experiencing issues beyond the scope of the group or not ready to enter group.
- Undertake comprehensive risk assessments and risk management in accordance with MARAM and the framework for comprehensive assessment in men’s Behaviour change and case management
- Provide case management response to men who identified as needing a case management response as requested.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A relevant tertiary undergraduate degree in social work, psychology, counselling or a related subject.
- A graduate diploma or graduate certificate qualification in Client Assessment and Case Management (Men’s Family Violence) or willingness to undertake this course.
- Demonstrated experience in the specialist family violence field including facilitation of group work programs, completion of risk assessments and experience working with male perpetrators of family violence.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a willingness to actively participate in all aspects of the role, supports colleagues and values diversity in the team.
What we offer
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary sacrificing
- Employee Assistance Program
A Position Description is attached.