About BEING – Mental Health Consumers Inc.
BEING - Mental Health Consumers Inc. is the independent, NSW peak organisation speaking with and for people with lived/living experience of mental health issues and emotional distress. Our primary focus is to ensure the voices of people with mental health issues are heard by decision makers, service providers, and the community, and leads and influences systemic change in services and systems.
BEING - Mental Health Consumers Inc. is committed to human rights principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity and believes that recovery is possible for all people who live with mental health issues and emotional distress.
With a long standing history of 26 years of operation, BEING - Mental Health Consumers Inc. is expanding and growing a service provision portfolio, to support people dealing with the day-to-day impacts of mental health issues in their daily living, as well as support the expansion and growth of the lived experience workforce.
Our current programs include:
- BEING Supported – Mental Health Peer Support Line
- BEING Lived Experience Network
- BEING Peer Workforce Network
About the program
BEING – Mental Health Consumers is excited to establish a 6-month pilot program, with a possibility of extension, to offer supportive, reassuring, non-crisis interventions over the phone and via online platforms.
The aim of BEING Supported – Mental Health Peer Support Line is to support the empowerment of people living with mental health issues in taking charge of their own lives while promoting independence and self-care strategies, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.
About the role
The Manager of BEING Supported – Mental Health Peer Support Line (Warmline) will work with the CEO and the Manager – Projects and Operations to manage the successful establishment and operations of the BEING Supported program.
Critical to the role will be the building of the program infrastructure, providing leadership and line management of program staff, meeting the funding KPI’s and reporting, and exploring long term sustainability of the program beyond the pilot stage.
As this program is in its pilot phase, the role requires someone who is flexible, adaptive, and proactive, and is agile to the changing needs of the program, the organisation, and working within tight timeframes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team in the establishment, implementation, and evaluation of BEING Supported in line with the organisation’s Strategic goals, Values and Vision.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of BEING Supported, including working with the CEO and the Manager – Projects and Operations to develop key operational documents such as Operations Manual, Engagement Strategy, Marketing and Communications Strategy.
- Oversee and manage staffing budgets for Peer Support Specialists and Team Leader/Senior Peer Support Specialists, ensuring alignment with FTE/Budget requirements.
- Oversee and manage BEING Supported staff rosters, ensuring appropriate coverage of all shifts.
- Ensure all aspects of the business are developed in collaboration with people living with mental health issues.
- Work with the policy and research team to ensure robust evaluation systems are established to collate baseline data information for evaluation and reporting purposes. This includes capturing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Management of Peer Support Specialists and Senior Peer Support Specialists, including completion of performance reviews and professional development processes.
- Maintain and manage reporting requirements to both the CEO and the funding body in line with funding KPI’s.
- Work with the Manager – Projects and Operations to develop the BEING Supported Website and the necessary functions.
- In partnership with LHD’s and organisations, develop call back services for clients of their services.
- Seek opportunities for future and ongoing funding to ensure the sustainability of the program.
- Lead and influence continuous improvement mechanisms.
- Undertake other operational and leadership duties as required.
- Prior experience in managing workplace programs in an NFP or CMO role.
- Previous experience in recruitment, supervising and managing staff, including professional development and performance management.
- Thorough understanding of the principles and values of consumer peer support work.
- Understanding of working within the context of co-design processes.
- Previous experience of working with funding bodies, and meeting KPI reporting and compliance.
- Demonstrated experience of working with people with disability in a similar position, and an understanding of the needs of people living with mental health issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of the state and federal mental health landscape.
- Highly developed written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with data and research departments.
- Personal experience of mental health issues and the ability to draw upon own personal recovery journey to inform your work.
- Previous experience in a peer support worker role or working with peer support workers.
Apply immediately as applications will be reviewed on a first in basis. Immediate start preferred.
Please note that you must have the right to live and work in Australia to be eligible for this position.
For further information about our organisation please visit www.being.org.au.
BEING – Mental Health Consumers Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. This means we apply affirmative action strategies to the employment of people with personal lived/living experience of mental health issues.
A position description is attached.