- National medical research organisation
- Flexible hybrid working from home and office
- Partner with The University of Sydney to develop best practice Major Gift Fundraising
About the Role
The Development Associate- Major Gifts role is an exciting opportunity for an individual that is currently working within philanthropy, or within a relevant sales role, to support the growth of this Major Gifts portfolio.
The Development Associate will steward, cultivate and develop an existing portfolio of Major Donors. You will identify new funding opportunities, develop prospects and implement plans to personally solicit gifts.
- Raise major financial gifts to support research, programs and initiatives.
- Develop a portfolio of funding opportunities including identifying viable funding opportunities at all levels.
- Identify and manage a portfolio of prospective individual donors.
- Implement individual plans to cultivate and solicit prospects to make a gift.
- Meet with potential donors and undertake fundraising meetings with prospects each month.
- Identify, prepare and submit compelling written proposals that request prospective donors to make a major gift.
- Steward donors to the highest level and quality and appropriately thank donors, building long term relationships with donors and prospects.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated fundraising experience within philanthropy or within a relevant sales/relationship development role.
- Proven ability to achieve monthly and annual targets and experience in working to clearly defined KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and diverse relationships with multiple stakeholders and to build relationships with strategically important individuals.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Project management skills and a proven ability to prioritise workload and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to research, formulate and present high-level briefings.
- A passionate and engaging professional who thrives off building long lasting relationships.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role, therefore please direct all general enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on email@example.com using the subject line: Development Associate - Major Gifts enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applicants can apply via the APPLY NOW button below.