This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Director to grow professionally and deliver high quality education and care for the children at our St Mathews School Age Care Program in Page.
The role will be responsible for the efficient management of the program including human resources and financial management.
The role will also provide sound leadership in the development and implementation of contemporary Education Programs that reflects the principles and practices of the My Time Our Place Framework.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be the Nominated Supervisor and accountable for the legal responsibility of this role.
- Be the Educational Leader for the program and are required to fulfill the requirements of this role in line with Regulation 118
- Responsible for all aspects of the program such as (but not limited to) human resources, financial management, WHS, compliance with the Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations, National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards and reporting
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience and practical knowledge of the NQF, National Law and Regulations and MTOP including leadership in curriculum and pedagogy
- A thorough understanding of the responsibilities associated with being a Nominated Supervisor under the Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations.
- Demonstrated experience providing educational leadership and contributing to the professional growth of self and others
- The ability to guide and support educators to build capability, provide curriculum direction and ensure children achieve the outcomes of the approved learning framework.
- The ability to maintain up-to-date professional knowledge of Australian Early and Middle Childhood Education theory and practice, as well as developments in the sector.
- Effective financial management skills including budgeting, variance reporting and other financial functions related to the operation of an Education and Care Service
- Knowledge of and commitment to monitoring compliance in accordance with relevant legislation, standards, policies and procedures
- People management and leadership skills, providing a proactive approach to developing and upskilling the team.
- Diploma or Degree in an approved (ACECQA) Education and Care Qualification.
- Current approved First aid training as prescribed in the Education and Care Services National Regulations including approved anaphylaxis and emergency asthma management training
- Current Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Above award wages
- Leadership, management and training opportunities for you and your entire team
- Extensive accredited and non-accredited professional development opportunities
- Generous salary packaging benefits and 17.5% annual leave loading
- Discounted child care rates
- Employees are required to hold a satisfactory Working with Vulnerable People registration and have this with them at all times whilst employed by BCS.
- Employees are also required to undertake a National Criminal History Clearance by BCS prior to commencing and every three years thereafter as a condition of employment. Employees are required to advise BCS of any convictions that may affect their eligibility to work or performing the inherent requirements of their position.
- BCS may require the incumbent to undertake employment screening such as a medical assessment, functional assessment or psychological profile prior to an offer of employment and/or as determined by BCS during employment.
About the Company
Belconnen Community Service (BCS) is a regional community service formed by the people of Belconnen and incorporated in 1975. BCS provides a wide range of high quality, integrated and inclusive programs and services to individuals, families, children and young people in the Belconnen region.