The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
Reporting to the Senior Freedom of Information (FOI) Officer – National Information Release Unit – Legal Services, the FOI Officer – National Information Release Unit – Legal Services is to facilitate the right of every person to obtain access to information held by AHPRA, each of the National Boards and the Agency Management Committee in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and/or Privacy Act 1988, unless exemptions apply.
This is a full time, fixed term role for 12 months based in our Brisbane office.
In this role you will:
- Process applications for access to documents and amendment/annotation of personal records and make decisions under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act)
- Assist the freedom of information and information privacy internal review decision-makers to deal with and determine internal reviews.
- Liaise with relevant program areas within AHPRA, the National Boards and external agencies as required to process requests for information under the FOI Act and Privacy Act including searching and collating relevant information.
- Act as a trusted business partner and escalation point for more complex matters under the FOI Act and Privacy Act.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- A degree in Law and eligibility to hold an employee level practicing certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation of legislation, policies, protocols and their application.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of policies, guidelines and procedures including proven ability to undertake research.
- Highly developed organisational skills, including the ability to plan, prioritise and manage competing tasks and deadlines.
Role description: Freedom of Information (FOI) Officer L5.pdf
What we offer:
- Work/life balance with the flexibility to work both in the office and at home – the best of both worlds
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Discounted health insurance with Medibank Private
- Open plan workspaces in a 5-star rated building in a central location
- Attractive salary of $97,122 per annum plus Superannuation
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application.
- Your application must include a resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the requirements in the position description
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process
- For any queries or a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Recruitment at [email protected] using the subject line: Freedom of Information Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Offer of employment is subject to successful background (pre-employment screening) and Criminal History checks.
Ahpra is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
With respect, no agencies please.