- Awesome perks and benefits
- Work with a great team in your local community
- Up to $29.30 per hour
Avivo provide support to people with frailty, disability or mental illness to live in their own home. Our Support Workers work alongside people, from all walks of life, giving them a helping hand to live their life.
We are always looking for caring, flexible and capable Support Workers from Kwinana to South Perth and Roleystone to Fremantle. Our Support Workers work in teams dedicated to a specific neighbourhood (so don’t worry you won’t be travelling too far around town)!
The role will work across aged care, disability and mental health sectors. Engaging in a range of care needs to assist individuals to remain living within their home.
There's no 'typical day' but it may include...
- House cleaning for someone who can’t do this themselves
- Helping someone with intimate personal care needs
- Support for various complexities of mental illness
- Assistance with trips in and around the community
- Checking in and engaging with your team (we’ll give you a phone to do this)
In addition to this, and more specifically, we are looking to fill these vacancies:
- Supporting a gentleman with quadriplegia living in Bertram to go to rugby training and games Monday 9am-1pm and Wednesday 5:30pm-10:30pm (preferably male)
- Providing support for complex care in mental health and disability for customers within the Victoria Park area (various shifts TBA)
Not going to lie, it can be tricky at times. So a positive attitude, compassion and resilience is a must have and, if it does get tough, team will have your back!
- We will teach you new things and we expect you to be proactive, brave and learn new things
- We treat everyone with respect and value diversity and we expect you to do the same
- We want our customers receive flexible, individualised support and we expect you to work with us to ensure this happens!
- Cert III in Individual Support, Community Services or a related field is desirable but not essential
- Previous support work experience is desirable
- A current driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
- Values that align with ours
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and listening
- Availability to attend training and team meetings during the week
- Ability to problem solve, think creatively and find innovative solutions
- Flexible availability to work a range of shifts during the week, overnight and occasional weekends (we’ll chat about this more in person)
Love a good perk or two?
- An hourly rate of between $21.58 and $29.30 per hour plus super and afternoon/evening shift loading, weekend penalties and all leave accruals
- If you have a Cert 3 or above you'll get $28.41 per hour!
- Option to Salary Package up to $18,550 to reduce taxable income
- A Mobile Phone to use for work
- Extra 2 days of leave for your wellbeing
- Pay for kilometres and time travelled between supports
Are you keen? Here’s the next steps:
- To apply, you can attach an updated resume and a cover letter as one document OR ditch the paper and complete a 5 minute video answering a few questions instead!
- If you’re shortlisted, you’ll be invited to attend a Work with Us Workshop on Wednesday 10th March 2021 so Save the Date!
- Making an appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance
Last but not least, Avivo values a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds. Please only apply if you match these values and don't hesitate to reach out if you need a hand with your application.