- One of the world’s leading humanitarian aid agencies
- Sydney CBD location/Interim work from home arrangement
- Full-time position
- Generous Salary Packaging available
Australia for UNHCR is an international aid agency that raises funds from Australian donors to support the humanitarian operations of the UN Refugee Agency. Established in 2000 as part of a global fundraising network it has now raised more than $300 million from a broad network of individuals, community and corporate partners.
We are looking for a motivated, innovative and creative Direct Marketing Manager – Retention to join our Fundraising team. This role is responsible for donor experience, retention and organisational projects, multi-screen acquisition and telemarketing campaigns, with the key purpose to grow fundraising income and net lifetime value. The role also involves establishing an alternative sustainable RG program and playing a role in the Leading Women’s Fund program, which is a new collaborative initiative aimed at influential and leading women.
- Provide strategic inputs, manage and prepare annual budgets and reforecasts for donor experience and retention projects, telemarketing campaigns, multiscreen campaign and lead generation.
- In consultation with the Fundraising Manager – Digital, Regular Giving and Supporter Experience, establish and report on program targets and other indicators as required for all programs.
- Review and refine the donor experience & retention strategy on a regular basis and prepare recommendations for innovation and optimisation for direct marketing activities.
- Deliver and grow the donor retention campaigns for RGs and cash donors with a focus on net lifetime value.
- Support the Direct Marketing framework in achieving the organisation’s fundraising goals around donor experience and retention.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders for production of end-to-end direct marketing campaigns.
- Manage end to end delivery of all programs related to donor experience and retention, telemarketing, multi-screen campaign.
- Ensure a data-driven approach is in place for decision making, with emphasis on segmentation models, donor research and data integrity
- Assist the Strategic Development Director and Fundraising Manager – Digital, Regular Giving and Supporter Experience with other fundraising and communications projects as required, including activities as a core member of the Leading Women’s Fund team and regarding potential market expansion,
- Manage, coach and support the Direct Marketing Coordinator
Required skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, communications/fundraising, or relevant subject area.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in direct marketing with ideally 1-2 years in a management role
- Strong knowledge of direct and digital marketing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Advanced computer skills, including all Microsoft office products.
- Ability to manage and set budgets
- Prior people management experience
- Previous employment in the non for profit sector (desirable)
Please apply ASAP as applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Please note we are unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries. This is a permanent, full-time position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa that allows permanent full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. A working-holiday visa is not appropriate.
A position description is attached.